Spyder Garage

Default Dark red ostrich/black Ultimate mid-rider seat for F3T/Ltd

SOLD PRICE CHANGE - excellent cond. seat and backrest for $450, plus shipping

Deteriorating discs in my back from long-ago accident injuries have forced me to find a new and expensive custom-built seat for my 2017 Spyder F3L. Early on, I ditched the stock seat for an Ultimate, which I have used and enjoyed for the past 16 months, sitting in it for roughly 7,000 miles. Wife loves its comfort and extra rear seat width. It has served me well, too, but my sciatic problems have worsened to the point where I have now had a new seat custom built to fit my butt. Very expensive!!! - over $1K. Seems to be helping.

My Ultimate mid-rider seat is in great condition, always covered and well cared for. It's a shame just to keep it around gathering dust when someone else might make good use of it. So, I'm offering it, much as wifey and I hate to see it go. Brand new, the Ultimate mid-rider seat and matching driver backrest costs US$963 incl. taxes at Daytona; transportation/shipping is extra. You can check prices for new seats and options on the Ultimate website: https://ultimateseats.ca/index.php?r...product_id=976.

So, if you've got an F3 Spyder and want a great, lightly used seat in excellent condition, you can buy mine with backrest for US$450 - you pay shipping. That's less than half price for equipment that looks and rides closer to new. Both pieces are totally free of blemishes, damage, tears, wear or marks of any kind. My Spyder has always been covered and/or properly stored. Color is strong, no fading. See photos; ask any questions you wish. If you can pick up the seat/back rest in Leesburg, FL, or if I can drop off to you (no charge) on my way back north this spring (along I-75, I-77/79, I-95 or I-81), I'm happy to help you save on shipping (estimated cost is $40).

Bottom line: you can get a great seat in excellent, barely used condition for more than half off new. I think that's fair, and my price is firm - $450 plus shipping, unless you pick up or I drop off. The Ultimate is a one-piece seat that replaces the stock 2-piece OEM; same latch pin and release system. No bolts to undo; just lift out. Far more comfortable than stock, for sure!!! The mid-rider version keeps you the same distance back from the handle bars as the stock seat, and perhaps just slightly (3/4") higher, although the factory claims you're at the same height. Last photo shows seat mounted on my Spyder; PLEASE NOTE we're keeping the passenger back rest cover (not included in sale because wife is very partial to it), but a matching replacement with spider logo can be had from Ultimate for $95.
    Ult seat.jpgUlt seat w back rest.jpgUlt seat btm.jpgUlt seat label.jpg20180109_150716.jpg
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

It appears the the passenger portion is longer than that of the OEM. I assume, that since you are in Florida, there is no heat in the saddle?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    It appears the the passenger portion is longer than that of the OEM. I assume, that since you are in Florida, there is no heat in the saddle?
    Hi RICZ:
    There may be more illusion than reality to the length of the passenger portion, in that the Ultimate is one-piece rather than two. This seat has a built-in driver backrest, and the rear (passenger) portion actually starts behind where the little cover flap is, in the first photo. Compare to the second photo which has the backrest in place.. This is the standard "mid-rider" seat build, which keeps the driver in basically the same position as the stock seat, relative to the handle bars. The "tall-rider" seat allows the driver to slide rearward another inch. Since neither the overall seat nor the Spyder grow longer, I assume that inch comes out of the passenger portion. Whatever, this is basic product as built/sold by Ultimate. And, NO, there is no heat, although I use the seat both in Florida and Ontario. I do not believe that Ultimate offers a heated seat option. I stand to be corrected, but have never seen such an option offered, although I suppose it could be engineered, if one wanted. Hope this helps to answer.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Good answer Bushrat. I was just curious. BTW, we have identical F3Ls and your bike probably gets a lot of compliments as does mine. I participated in an event called the Big Truck Show where all kinds and types of vehicles and construction equipment are on display and children are allowed to get onto them. A club I ride with entered five two wheelers and my F3L. The kids all but ignored the two wheelers and I stopped counting at 200 - there were more. Some adults wanted to try it out too.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

I would love to have this seat on my 2017 F3L

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I realize that this question is too late as you already have your new seat, but could Ultimate have rebuilt their seat to make it work for you?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I would love to have this seat on my 2017 F3L
    It can be yours Ex-Rocket. I'll be happy to work with you (or anyone) to make it possible. I hate to have good, used equipment just sitting around gathering dust, when someone else could be getting use and enjoyment out of it. And, it does help to get some of my investment cost back to pay for the replacement. Keeps the economy rolling.

Thanks for the compliment!!
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I realize that this question is too late as you already have your new seat, but could Ultimate have rebuilt their seat to make it work for you?
    Hi pegasus1300:
    Your question is a good one, and something I have not fully explored, though I may yet do so. Situation was this: the Ultimate factory is actually In North Toronto, Ontario, about 90 minutes from where I live, in summer. I'm in Florida for the winter; I haul my Spyder south each fall, and north each spring. While down south last fall, a local FL friend asked to try out my seat; he was considering possibly switching from his custom seat to an Ultimate. We swapped bikes for a morning ride. I got to try his custom seat, made by a chap in nearby St. Petersburg. Because my sciatic pains have gotten somewhat worse recently, making ryding quite uncomfortable, I decided (based on my quick trial of my friend's custom seat) to pay a visit to the seat maker. I had a spare set of OEM seats available for customizing. Things moved very quickly, and I was able to get riding again on my new custom seat within ten days. It would have been April or May before I could have explored whether Ultimate could/would even do a make-over. Also, I didn't want to tear that seat apart if I could help it. Simpler to go with a new custom. The seat maker made a mock-up of what the new seat would look/feel like within 90 minutes of me arriving at his door on the very first day. My butt liked what it felt, and I liked his approach to solving my problem. So, instantaneous decision!!! The seat needs some slight adjustment, but I have 3 months to do that. (Of course, after taking measurements for the 'mock-up', I then had to take my place in the production line, for the actual 'build' and sewing together of the cover - took just over a week start to finish). For anyone interested, contact Brian Snyder at Stitch On Time, Inc., 727-526-7242. He has tons of experience making custom seats for all types of use - medical patients, bikers, vans, cars, using high quality, medical grade memory foam. Not cheap, but very nice work, and a busy shop. The new seat raises me up about 2-1/2"; lifts my butt/thighs off the hard seat edges which press against the sciatic nerves. I can ride longer and not get numbness in my legs. Overall, much improved; for my needs anyway. But also means I've had to swap out my windshield and solve that problem as well. One change leads to another, and the after market accessory shops love me. One way or another, I'm not giving up my Spyder ryding without a fight, to Hell with the cost!!! Pic of new seats follows; this shows new 2-piece custom using Ultimate driver back rest and Ultimate passenger back rest cover:
    20191221_160445_HDR.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Good answer Bushrat. I was just curious. BTW, we have identical F3Ls and your bike probably gets a lot of compliments as does mine. I participated in an event called the Big Truck Show where all kinds and types of vehicles and construction equipment are on display and children are allowed to get onto them. A club I ride with entered five two wheelers and my F3L. The kids all but ignored the two wheelers and I stopped counting at 200 - there were more. Some adults wanted to try it out too.
    RICZ:
    My experience, especially with kids, is much the same. Youngsters love and gravitate naturally to Spyders. My theory is that, design-wise, the Spyder appeals to young people (and those who refuse to grow old mentally/emotionally) because it looks like it has leapt right off the pages of a (futuristic-style) comic book onto our roads. It's different, it's catchy and it's fun. And, for those who actually get to ryde one, all of that good feeling really comes to life!!! We as ryders know it, or soon learn it; the kids just naturally sense it. And for us old buggars, the years just melt away when we get astride our Spyders and Rykers. I'm mentally with those kids all the way. Yay Spyders!!!
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

I am going to go the same route you took. I have a very experienced seat customizer an hour away. He has done other bikes for me and I love the results. You make an appointment and you are there all day, his only customer. He's a one man operation. He first checks your posture to see what needs correcting and then goes from there, shaving and adding. At noon. He sends you out for a half hour ride while he has lunch. It's kinda weird because there's no cover on the seat - just bare foam. You report how it feels, ha makes adjustments having you get on it often to check it out and after your approval, he covers it in any thing you want. Oh....I have him add heat too.
    Bushrat....Have you tried going to a naturopath who does adjustments, or a good chiropractor for your hip problem?

Spyder Garage

... Bushrat....Have you tried going to a naturopath who does adjustments, or a good chiropractor for your hip problem?
    In past, I have gone to chiropractors, masseurs, etc., when in much pain; also did some physiotherapy. Nowadays, I have a Teeter 'Hang-Ups' inversion table that I use to take pressure off my back/spine. I find that helps as much as anything. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I have a fairly high and tolerant pain threshold and, like many other males, hate going to doctors. I often just ignore it. All of which convinces my lady that I really am the "ignorant a**hole" she mostly believes I am. Ain't life just great!!! My Pappy always warned me: "Old age is not for the faint of heart".
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Bushrat.....I was in the same place you are. Everyone was happy to take my money and I even hung upside down too. Then I finally surrendered to back surgery and life was good again. So man up and listen to the woman. You won't regret it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Hi pegasus1300:
    Your question is a good one, and something I have not fully explored, though I may yet do so. Situation was this: the Ultimate factory is actually In North Toronto, Ontario, about 90 minutes from where I live, in summer. I'm in Florida for the winter; I haul my Spyder south each fall, and north each spring. While down south last fall, a local FL friend asked to try out my seat; he was considering possibly switching from his custom seat to an Ultimate. We swapped bikes for a morning ride. I got to try his custom seat, made by a chap in nearby St. Petersburg. Because my sciatic pains have gotten somewhat worse recently, making ryding quite uncomfortable, I decided (based on my quick trial of my friend's custom seat) to pay a visit to the seat maker. I had a spare set of OEM seats available for customizing. Things moved very quickly, and I was able to get riding again on my new custom seat within ten days. It would have been April or May before I could have explored whether Ultimate could/would even do a make-over. Also, I didn't want to tear that seat apart if I could help it. Simpler to go with a new custom. The seat maker made a mock-up of what the new seat would look/feel like within 90 minutes of me arriving at his door on the very first day. My butt liked what it felt, and I liked his approach to solving my problem. So, instantaneous decision!!! The seat needs some slight adjustment, but I have 3 months to do that. (Of course, after taking measurements for the 'mock-up', I then had to take my place in the production line, for the actual 'build' and sewing together of the cover - took just over a week start to finish). For anyone interested, contact Brian Snyder at Stitch On Time, Inc., 727-526-7242. He has tons of experience making custom seats for all types of use - medical patients, bikers, vans, cars, using high quality, medical grade memory foam. Not cheap, but very nice work, and a busy shop. The new seat raises me up about 2-1/2"; lifts my butt/thighs off the hard seat edges which press against the sciatic nerves. I can ride longer and not get numbness in my legs. Overall, much improved; for my needs anyway. But also means I've had to swap out my windshield and solve that problem as well. One change leads to another, and the after market accessory shops love me. One way or another, I'm not giving up my Spyder ryding without a fight, to Hell with the cost!!! Pic of new seats follows; this shows new 2-piece custom using Ultimate driver back rest and Ultimate passenger back rest cover:
    20191221_160445_HDR.jpg
    Bushrat thank you for the in-depth explanation of your process. He has made you a very nice seat and I hope it gives you many more years of Spyder Ryding. I was asking in case someone else needed to go a similar situation.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Pm sent

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

still available
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Will this fit a 2015 F3s?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieIndia View Post
    Will this fit a 2015 F3s?
    Yes it will.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

PRICE CHANGE - still available
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Default Still available?

I have the exact same Spyder that you have & the seat looks great. First, is it still available and you mention price change in your 1/30 post. Has the asking price been lowered from the original $450 + shipping? Looking forward to your reply.
    My new ride is a 2017 F3-L: BRP drivers backrest, F4 21" tinted shield w/vent, Lamonster fog lights, TRCLED cyclops light, red/black carbon fiber tank protector and dash kit from Wrap-My-Spyder, FOBO tire pressure monitors and more farkles to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by funon3 View Post
    I have the exact same Spyder that you have & the seat looks great. First, is it still available and you mention price change in your 1/30 post. Has the asking price been lowered from the original $450 + shipping? Looking forward to your reply.
    Sorry to disappoint. I have just sold the seat as of 2/4/20 (at the asking price, as stated).
    [SIGPIC]