Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT base model questions

So I've been eyeing the 2020 RT base model. Does anyone know if the add-on top case for $2000 also includes the 2 addition speaker that are on the RT Limited? Also, does anyone know of a passenger backrest that fits the new RT base model (excluding the top case backrest)?

Spyder Garage

Not sure about either question, but you can download the 2020 accessories catalog from Can Am. It has the armrests and cases in it. You might fond your answers there.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I’ll see the BRP guy tomorrow, and ask!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Good luck in class
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Ok, so, I asked. The top case is all separate bits. Speakers fit, but not included. We crunched the numbers; it is cheaper to buy the limited! You can’t get heated passenger rails, the top box is over 2K, the heated saddle is 1K +, the fog lights are 250, the trunk light and liner, labor+ + +. If you want those features, just get the Limited. If you don’t want or need that stuff, the RT is fine.
    Joe Meyer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hmmm, interested in that RTL price point. Buying and installation of all those options would be a huge hassle.

Spyder Garage

Call your dealer!!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    So I've been eyeing the 2020 RT base model. Does anyone know if the add-on top case for $2000 also includes the 2 addition speaker that are on the RT Limited? Also, does anyone know of a passenger backrest that fits the new RT base model (excluding the top case backrest)?
    If you do a build of the RT limited, there is a passenger backrest listed in the accessories. But it isn't listed in the base RT accessories. probably an oversite but it is confusing.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Did BRP fix the swaybar issue? How about belt tensioner? I bought the base model. Buy the limited. More money up front but in the long way, it will be cheaper.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    If you do a build of the RT limited, there is a passenger backrest listed in the accessories. But it isn't listed in the base RT accessories. probably an oversite but it is confusing.
    On the Build one website at Can Am, if you select the passenger armrests or backrest, it makes you buy the LinQ rack. Don't know if that's the way it will really be...
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

has can am fixed the issue with the adjustable air rear shock on the new rt 2020?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Ok, so, I asked. The top case is all separate bits. Speakers fit, but not included. We crunched the numbers; it is cheaper to buy the limited! You can’t get heated passenger rails, the top box is over 2K, the heated saddle is 1K +, the fog lights are 250, the trunk light and liner, labor+ + +. If you want those features, just get the Limited. If you don’t want or need that stuff, the RT is fine.
    I just bought a 2020 RT LTD, and fog lights are not included. Also, the heated seat is the standard seat with the heated upgraded. The comfort seats with the heated upgraded is $1k but the standard seat with heated option can be bought individually(driver and passenger) for $400 each.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkkent View Post
    I just bought a 2020 RT LTD, and fog lights are not included. Also, the heated seat is the standard seat with the heated upgraded. The comfort seats with the heated upgraded is $1k but the standard seat with heated option can be bought individually(driver and passenger) for $400 each.
    Thats right it is a little confusing, the terminology has changed. There are headlights and then there are front signature lights that are stock on the limited and a $179.99 option on the base, Looks to me as the Auxilary light for $254.99 are the new lights for extra visibility and will have a separate on off switch. Looks to me that they will act as fog lights as well guessing