Threaded View

Spyder Garage

There's a whole lot more info/specs from the manufacturer that we really need to know about how the tire is actually constructed & what is used in it, things including what denier cords/plies are being used, how the tread plies are applied, the thickness of the compound layers, and a heap of 'other stuff'..... things that both Kenda & BRP made really difficult to find out for the OE Spec Kendas! But we do KNOW that the OE Spec Kendas are so lightly constructed that they really NEED that 27-30 psi in them to support the loads imposed by our Spyders, and that even WITH that amount of air in there, the tread layers still 'balloon' out at speed so that grip & handling is compromised plus the tread rapidly wears in the middle couple of inches, cos that's all that's left touching the road.....

And I suspect that given the ply details & load/pressure info we've already got on the Kenda Kanines, they too probably NEED that sort of pressure to work!! I also suspect that Kenda & BRP won't make finding the necessary info too easy, plus I suspect that the claims about providing better milage & handling than the passenger car alternatives (running at the appropriate pressure for the loading on them) are just marketing claims.....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-21-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!