Spyder Garage

Default Is this good Value?

I'm looking at a 2018 Spyder ST limited. Only 1000 miles. They want 18500. What do you think.

Spyder Garage

Value is all in the eye of the beholder. otherwise seems like a reasonable price for a practically new rig.

Spyder Garage

Run it through KBB and check the blue books.....and remember unless the tires are BRAND NEW, technically it cannot be in MINT shape, it must have new or like new rubber for that, any tire wear makes the condition good, or excellent if they do that, but MINT requires OUTSTANDING rubber...and large amounts of mods or aftermarket add ons actually detract from value. If you are using OEM Add Ons professional buyers will give a lean to the add ons if they are OEM and installed at dealer with receipts.

As much crap as I hang on my trike, at the end of the day, I know it will likely cost me value at resale. If it has a modded or aftermarket exhaust or intake, try to get the original parts if you are paying for an excellent or mint machine.

Just some wheeler dealer advice, I have purchased and sold over 200 machines over my riding time of 40 years, and I cannot resist a flip, so play it smart, and stick to KBB values...IMHO if a NADA value exists, they are not really relevant to MC's and I typically use KBB as my guide. I recently purchased my RSS, but I would not pay 18500 for the ST, even newish like that, but thats me, and I have not seen the bike.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

ST's are now no longer produced......and even the limited released older models are only doing typical resale prices for the average ATV or MC's. You can get into a brand new F3S for that. Just saying.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martman4 View Post
    I'm looking at a 2018 Spyder ST limited. Only 1000 miles. They want 18500. What do you think.
    Ouch....walk the other way. Whether you use NADA (which I prefer) or KBB use one of them. If the accessories aren’t listed on the valuation tool then I wouldn’t consider it when looking at the price. It’s merely a sweetener to close the deal. This time of year with $18500 there aren’t too many new Spyders I couldn’t buy off the showroom floor and in Georgia there is no longer an advantage to buying as a private sale- taxes will be paid regardless. I’ve been seeing alot of “high retail” pricing for private listings. The fair price is the average between High and Low retail or average between retail and trade in. Be careful out there.

Spyder Garage

BRP's online information on the ST model ends at MY 2016 for operator's guides and parts. If someone is attempting to sell you an alleged 2018 ST get the VIN and run it through the safety recall check at the bottom of this site: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/?redirect=false. The VIN is 17 digits and alpha-numeric. If you have a correct VIN the answer will come up with the model year someone is trying to pedal.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

When I bought my RSS this fall, the 2nd choice was a 2016 ST with 2500 miles, it was selling for 9500, I paid 7200 for my RSS, older model, 5000 more miles, but very price friendly for what I got.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    BRP's online information on the ST model ends at MY 2016 for operator's guides and parts. If someone is attempting to sell you an alleged 2018 ST get the VIN and run it through the safety recall check at the bottom of this site: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/?redirect=false. The VIN is 17 digits and alpha-numeric. If you have a correct VIN the answer will come up with the model year someone is trying to pedal.
    X's 10, if they think they have a 2018, something is very wrong at that dealer !!!!! …. and as said above, the V-twin spyders are NO longer made ….. have you test driven any Spyders???? ….. Do that first ….. ther are two 2015 RT-S machines for same on this forum for $12,500 with very low mileage ….. I'm considering this deal myself ….. Mike

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Imotorsports a sponsor here has for example see below. all have warrantee delivered free. Value IMOP

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...=xNewInventory Brand New 2018 F3 Limited for $18,999

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...=xNewInventory Brand New 2018 F3 T for $16,499

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...=xNewInventory Brand New 2019 F3 S $16,999
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-21-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Imotorsports a sponsor here has for example see below. all have warrantee delivered free. Value IMOP

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...=xNewInventory Brand New 2018 F3 Limited for $18,999

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...=xNewInventory Brand New 2018 F3 T for $16,499

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...=xNewInventory Brand New 2019 F3 S $16,999
    The above are all great deals, and this is where I bought my 2016 F3T from.
    As for the 2018 ST, there was no ST made in 2018. Obviously the dealer doesn't know what they are talking about, and you should run away.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martman4 View Post
    Information given above is correct.

There is no 2018 Spyder ST model. The kbb book shows an 18 RT SE6 (semi auto--base unit) for $18,135. I am guessing someone made a typo somewhere in the process.

That would not be a good price for a base RT since it is at high retail.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red