Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default '18 F3L Handle bars ???'s ...

Thanks to JP58 and a PM from ryu1867 I now have the answer to my Question!

Question #1: I'm needing to have my handle bars closer to me. They currently have to OEM bars on them and my arms are straight forward when going straight.I would like to have a more relaxed position for them. I'm guessing that bringing that back towards me one positing would be position "B" in the Ufit position.? The OEM bars would IMO be the easiest to achieve what I want.

Question #2: Somewhere on here in the F3 page I thought I saw a post about bars for the F3L that had multiple adjustments. Such and moving the hands in or out along with up and down. Search function didn't turn up what I was thinking of (could have been on the Facebook page). Anyone know the bars I am talking about?
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

At the moment, F3 uses the "U-fit" system. There are five separate brake positions, and five separate bars.

The F3 can be adjusted to your specs using this system. It is extra cost for the bars and the brake peddle. How much, depends on your negotiations with the dealer.

I went with "short reach" bars and brake position two on mine. Fits me like a glove. Mine was a new 2019.

The tri axes bars are an item that is for RT's (up through 2019). These are the ones that adjust in various directions. About $1K.

There is supposed to be some changes on the 20 RT's that are using the F3 U-fit stuff.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I believe you are looking for Heli bars. That may not be spelled right. They are new for F3 model's and adjust in many positions.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I believe you are looking for Heli bars. That may not be spelled right. They are new for F3 model's and adjust in many positions.
    THANKS!!!! I've bookmarked that website.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

Spyder Garage

Take a look at the Rox risers for the CanAms. I put the 2" on mine but they also make a 3". Bars can be adjusted up or down just be sure you let them know they are for a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

JP, I just got all excited and checked the Helibars site, but could not find anything for the F3, only for a 2009 Spyder. Are you sure Helibars are now producing bars for the F3?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    JP, I just got all excited and checked the Helibars site, but could not find anything for the F3, only for a 2009 Spyder. Are you sure Helibars are now producing bars for the F3?

Pete
    This may be of interest

https://youtu.be/OyQGV7hGdIE
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    This may be of interest

https://youtu.be/OyQGV7hGdIE
    That's the one.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

That's the one.
    Thanks Eddie and JP. That video shows that they do indeed exist, but does not solve the issue that you can not find them on Helibars.com to purchase. I have dropped them an email.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Speaking of OEM F3 bars, are the cable guides reusable/removable ? Only ask as I have a used long reach bar to install and they don't have them. They're kinda pricey at around $4/each. I do have plenty of black cable ties on hand. Sorry for the hijack

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Speaking of OEM F3 bars, are the cable guides reusable/removable ? Only ask as I have a used long reach bar to install and they don't have them. They're kinda pricey at around $4/each. I do have plenty of black cable ties on hand. Sorry for the hijack
    Good question that I don't have an answer to. If not I would just use black ties.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KenInMN View Post
    Thanks to JP58 and a PM from ryu1867 I now have the answer to my Question!

Question #1: I'm needing to have my handle bars closer to me. They currently have to OEM bars on them and my arms are straight forward when going straight.I would like to have a more relaxed position for them. I'm guessing that bringing that back towards me one positing would be position "B" in the Ufit position.? The OEM bars would IMO be the easiest to achieve what I want.

Question #2: Somewhere on here in the F3 page I thought I saw a post about bars for the F3L that had multiple adjustments. Such and moving the hands in or out along with up and down. Search function didn't turn up what I was thinking of (could have been on the Facebook page). Anyone know the bars I am talking about?
    I have a 2016 F3 Limited, short reach bars and Rox Risers 2 inch made for F3. I released the cable holders close to the bar clamps with full range of motion. Also have footboards at position 2. I'm 5ft 7 in.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks Eddie and JP. That video shows that they do indeed exist, but does not solve the issue that you can not find them on Helibars.com to purchase. I have dropped them an email. Pete
    Just for info........HeliBars do indeed make a bar for the F3.....and thus for the 2020 RT. It just wasn’t set up on their site, but it is now. Not cheap at $599 US, but I’ll be getting a set, even though that means I’ll be paying around $1100 Aussie. I’m using Lamont’s Billy Club mini ape bars at the moment, which are a good height for my 6’7” frame, but the wrist angle doesn’t work for me.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KenInMN View Post
    Good question that I don't have an answer to. If not I would just use black ties.
    Just swapped out my OEM F3 h-bars for a long reach bar. The cable clips are reusable, held in by T20 brass screws. Can-Am, in their infinite wisdom, also uses thread lock on these damn things. Have a tight fitting T20 screwdiver
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    At the moment, F3 uses the "U-fit" system. There are five separate brake positions, and five separate bars.

The F3 can be adjusted to your specs using this system. It is extra cost for the bars and the brake peddle. How much, depends on your negotiations with the dealer.

I went with "short reach" bars and brake position two on mine. Fits me like a glove. Mine was a new 2019.

The tri axes bars are an item that is for RT's (up through 2019). These are the ones that adjust in various directions. About $1K.

There is supposed to be some changes on the 20 RT's that are using the F3 U-fit stuff.
    AR, how much closer do the short reach bars bring the grips to your body? I'm 5'-8" and the stock bars were good for me last year (3,800 miles) but now I've rode a couple hundred miles the past few days and the reach is now aggravating a pinched nerve I have in my left shoulder blade.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post
    AR, how much closer do the short reach bars bring the grips to your body? I'm 5'-8" and the stock bars were good for me last year (3,800 miles) but now I've rode a couple hundred miles the past few days and the reach is now aggravating a pinched nerve I have in my left shoulder blade.
    For me, 5' 5", I can sit upright and my arms are not stretched out. No ape hanger feeling compared to the OEM setup. For you, 5' 8", I am guessing even better.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Stock bars, short reach, helibars on a 2020 RT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    Yes..............the pictures show it all.

And just a reminder:

The short reach bars are the BIG ones.

The smaller bars are the OEM ones.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-11-2020 at 12:37 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yes..............the pictures show it all.
    And just a reminder:
    The short reach bars are the BIG ones.
    The smaller bars are the OEM ones.
    Doesn’t quite make sense though, AR. If that is the short reach and the stock bars, where do the long reach bars fit in? Are you sure they aren’t short reach and long reach shown, with the stock bars fitting somewhere in the middle? Based on the difference between those shown bars, the long reach bars would have to have the bar angle bent away from the rider

Pete.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Yup: The left hand picture shows the longer handlebars. They are called the short reach bars. And if you don't think about it much, a lot of people would be thinking they are the short bars. The key word here is "reach." Ya just gotta love this English language.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yup: The left hand picture shows the longer handlebars. They are called the short reach bars. And if you don't think about it much, a lot of people would be thinking they are the short bars. The key word here is "reach." Ya just gotta love this English language.
    Sorry, I didn’t phrase that well, AR...... I understand that Short Reach bars are the longest bars. But........If the photos by TIMMB are showing the Short Reach and Stock bars, where do the Long Reach bars fit in as they have even less pullback than the stock bars.......and if you had any less pullback in those Stock Bars in the photo, the bars would have to be flat. My question is, are those bars shown in the photo not the short reach and long reach bars, with the stock bars fitting somewhere in the middle? I hope that makes more sense

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

I guess above my pay grade. I have the exact set shown. They installed the short reach ones at my request along with brake pedal position two. The OEM (long reach?) bars were in my trunk when the package was delivered.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    Is that the difference between the stock bars on the F3 Limited an the short reach bars? That looks like a solid 6"+ shortening of the reach.....I'm just looking for 2", if that's the short reach it might put be back on the passenger seat LOL
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome