Spyder Garage

Default Morning Ride to Tortilla Flat

Gonna take a morning ride to Tortilla Flat on Sunday 1-26-20 either for Breakfast or lunch from Fountain Hills up 87 thru Bush Hwy to 202 ,Brown to Apache Trail....Hope the weather stays nice! finally got Sunday off since we moved here gonna try and ride every Sunday from here out!

Spyder Garage

If you take some pictures, please post them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sure ! Done this route before awesome twisties thru the mountains and 3 lakes Saguaro.Apache, and Canyon..and of coarse Tortilla Flat population 6....

Spyder Garage

Rode that route many times over the years on two wheels, but I don't think I've ever done it on the Spyder. Enjoy!!

Spyder Garage

Just not going past Tortilla Flat as Apache Trail turns into a gravel road on its way to Roosevelt Lake..Gravel no good for Spyder

Spyder Garage

Always though that would be a nice ride when we went to visit our son when he was going to ASU.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I live about 25 miles from Tortilla Flat. Your route will take you within about 3 miles of my home The road is closed beyond Tortilla due to the wildfires last spring. There were some landslides caused by lots of rain after the fire. Last I heard it was still closed but you can still get to Tortilla. The road surface was redone last year and is now very good. It's a great little ride on either 2 or 3 wheels. Enjoy..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I live about 25 miles from Tortilla Flat. Your route will take you within about 3 miles of my home The road is closed beyond Tortilla due to the wildfires last spring. There were some landslides caused by lots of rain after the fire. Last I heard it was still closed but you can still get to Tortilla. The road surface was redone last year and is now very good. It's a great little ride on either 2 or 3 wheels. Enjoy..... Jim
    Yes! I remember the last time I rode it with a rental car all the way to the dam..I called there just in case..Thanx for info!

Spyder Garage

Beautiful day for riding ! Road just paved to Tortilla Flat ..Had a good chili cheese burger on the patio at the restaurant up there and saw 4 spyders..will post pics soon.....

Spyder Garage

You picked a great day for it. Did that ride twice this year, and it's been great. If you have the time ride to the salt lake cayion some time. It's like a mini grand canyon. The turn off is just past Globe, and it's before Slow Low.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Today was a great day to ride in Arizona. Went from Mesa through Superior, Winkleman and to San Manuel for Mexican lunch (BURP). Than to Globe, (Ice Cream, BLOAT ), Superior and back to Mesa. A bit more than 200 miles. We had 2 Spyders, a couple of HDs, 2 GWs, and A few GW trikes. I like Tortilla Flat a lot but it is too close for a day ride. But there are times when it fits the agenda..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi