Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default What's up with "finding it on map" posts? Virus?

I keep seeing all these dumb posts from people and all they say is "finding it on a map". Looks like everyone has been hacked to me. Might be time to leave this forum for good.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Check out the main index page Joel, or look at the header above between Spyder Events & Gallery - the SpyderLovers User Map allows users to share their location (as far or close as they want to) with everyone else, only there are a few bugs in the links - so anyone who clicks on it creates a post showing the link to their selected position.... aaand I reckon it'd be pretty short sighted to leave the Forum over something as little as this.

However, atm, ANY click on the app creates a post & link, so many people are creating more than one post/link and us Mods are running around like one armed piccolo players with the crabs trying to keep the place clean & keep it all working while it gets sorted. It's NOT a virus, it's NOT a long term problem, and we hope it will be working properly soon. It would be nice if people only ever clicked on it the once, but even if they don't, we are working on it and we'll get it sorted soon I'm sure.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I respectfully offer that perhaps the "find it on the map" stuff become a sticky so that those who want to broadcast their location can be on a single thread and not become a general post that appears on the Home list of threads or the What's New tab. That way one can skip over the multitude of individual posts that are now appearing.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I respectfully offer that perhaps the "find it on the map" stuff become a sticky so that those who want to broadcast their location can be on a single thread and not become a general post that appears on the Home list of threads or the What's New tab. That way one can skip over the multitude of individual posts that are now appearing.
    This sounds like the voice of Sanity …...jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

So happy the mods are working to get this resolved.... am just ignoring these in the meantime... was beginning to think I would have to resort to FB as my source of SpyderLover's news and info.
    Thank You!
    Gina J

Spyder Garage

Yes, Admin and the mods are very aware. Consider this a work in process. It started as an accommodation request from some members to help the SL site. The situation will get solved ASAP. Meanwhile...enjoy or grin and bear it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

did you hit a paint truck

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

UPDATE: There is now a SpyderLovers User Map tab at the top of the page. You can start with a full map of the US and go from there. Just watch where you are clicking. The blue pins sometimes go where you don't want them.

There is a remove pin function if you get one wrong though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    UPDATE: There is now a SpyderLovers User Map tab at the top of the page. You can start with a full map of the US and go from there. Just watch where you are clicking. The blue pins sometimes go where you don't want them.

There is a remove pin function if you get one wrong though.
    ……..JMHO …. Mike

Spyder Garage

ARTraveler, how do you remove? I would like to redo mine. I am using a Kindle. Thank you, Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    ARTraveler, how do you remove? I would like to redo mine. I am using a Kindle. Thank you, Bruce
    When I was playing around with it, a box popped up with a removal tool. Am guessing you just go back to the one you want moved and click on it. That should bring up the box.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think they should get rid of the map altogether. It is just an annoyance.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green