Thread: 2020 RT Power

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT Power

If you follow the F3 log you will see that I have been having all sorts of fun getting
    my Limp Home problem fixed. This leads to my question on how a 2020 RT runs.
    I had a 2015 F3 that absolutely had all the power and top speed I could have wanted and
    I should have kept it. But a 2017 F3L caught my eye and is nice but not the power of my 2015.
    The on going saga of my Limp Home excuse, I am looking at getting a 2020 RTL.

My question is does anyone know of the power/speed of a 2020 RTL? My 2015 would run 115 mph
    without a problem and my 2017 turns between 85 and 90 mph.

Feel free to contribute any knowledge on this.

Dray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    If you follow the F3 log you will see that I have been having all sorts of fun getting
    I had a 2015 F3 that absolutely had all the power and top speed I could have wanted and
    I should have kept it. But a 2017 F3L caught my eye and is nice but not the power of my 2015.

My question is does anyone know of the power/speed of a 2020 RTL? My 2015 would run 115 mph

Dray
    Question …. Is your rear sprocket the same as on the 15 ???? …. the smaller sprocket will give you a higher speed … the smaller quicker acceleration ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I may be mistaken but wont a larger sprocket give you faster acceleration ??
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

It depends upon which sprocket one is talking about. If the rear sprockets are identical, a smaller front sprocket will produce quicker acceleration and a larger front sprocket will produce higher top speed. Regarding the 2020s we don't yet know the number of teeth on either front or rear sprocket on either the F3 series or RTs from what I can find online.
    Last edited by JayBros; 01-19-2020 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Address MY 2020 Spyders
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Dray;1493675 My 2015 would run 115 mph without a problem and my 2017 turns between 85 and 90 mph.
    Dray[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that finding sprocket ratios for the 2015 and 2017 should be easy to find.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post

Dray
    Rear Sprocket=larger =more acceleration--lower top speed-& vise versa: Front Sprocket = larger = less acceleration=more top speed & vise versa:: Smaller front sprocket= more acceleration=less top speed & vise versa. All dependent if the engine has the power to run larger front sprocket with lower rear sprocket. If your current out the door sprocket setup limits you to 90 mph you may have other problems that need to be rectified.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your 2015 has a larger rear sprocket than the 2017 F3 Limited has, therefore you will have quicker acceleration. But in most cases, it will also have a higher top speed, as the top gear will be more of a pulling gear and less like an overdrive like on the one with the smaller rear sprocket. If the top speed rpm's were the same, the limited would be quicker. But I am betting that at top speed, the 2015 revs higher and is still pulling while the 2017 has stopped pulling and has a lower top speed rpm.
    Kinda like back in the days when the early fox body mustangs had 273 rear gear and people often upgraded to a 355 or 373. It turned the 5th gear on the mustang into more of a pulling gear instead of strictly overdrive. Therefore you had more off the line acceleration and also a higher top speed.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The RT is a larger and heavier bike with the same running gear as your F3L. It will be slower still than a properly running F3L. It does sound like there is a problem with your F3 though.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The main problem is that the ECU starts closing down the throttle at a round 85 mph. I can change out the sprockets
    and belt but I would have to get the ECU reprogramed to keep the throttle open. If I keep the 2017 I will have ECU
    reworked for the extra power. Probably stay with a stage one upgrade.

Thanks for all the input.

Dray

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Having ridden the 2020 RT, I can tell you that it will NOT be as quick as your 15 F3. For all the reasons stated above.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.