Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up New Map functions

Good morning spyder lovers,

We have a new map function. It's only purpose is to show roughly where we are located. Clicking around in it and you can add a pin for your location. I asked Anthony G about this when another member asked if there were any members in the Las Vegas area ( yes there are ). He was nice enough to get the map function up quickly but instructions are helpful. I found that once you have your location, holding the right mouse key down for 5 seconds or so will add your pin. You can be as accurate as you want ( I'm off by a few miles , on purpose). Zooming in can bring you to street level, zoom out for different countries.

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 01-18-2020 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Speeling???
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Very cool....I was able to post my location fairly easily, I used my user name for the title, and gave a brief description in the added field. I was able to zoom down to a "county level" and locate myself well within a mile, which is close enough for me. I really like this map. Thanks for getting it going.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Where do we find info on how to edit pin locations and info once they are clicked into map?
    Need to edit my pin and can't see a way to do it. Thanks.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Where do we find info on how to edit pin locations and info once they are clicked into map?
    Need to edit my pin and can't see a way to do it. Thanks.
    I don't know how.Ask Anthony G, as he set up this function.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

On the top selection bar, in the midle, between Spyderlovers forum and Lamonster logos (Spyderlovers user map)
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

I've created a lot of points by mistake and can't remove them now!
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

When I zoomed in I couldn't leave a pin, so I left a pin without zooming, and then zoomed in to move it.
    I think this is a great idea if someone is traveling to an unfamiliar area, and would like help with traveling or just good places to visit. I remember a lot of people here hesitant on taking a trip because of reliability issues. I think this would really help knowing someone is in the area, and is familiar with directions, lodging, or even what Dealers to use (or stay away from!) I added suggestions or assistance on my comment line, so anyone in the area knows I will help if they need it. Of course this will be a lot more useful if everyone joins in.

Spyder Garage

Yea, there are a few issues with this map program, as there isnt much out there in terms of program already created for vb 4 that are updated & functional. This is about the best i could find based on what was asked for.

1. You can only move a pin when you first create it aka while the dialog box is still showing.

2. It appears somehow people are some how causing multiple posts to appear in the forum, not sure how as i cant reproduce the issue, i assume because they arent finishing the pin & some how creating multiple pin locations?

3. You cant edit or remove a pin currently if youre not staff due to permission issues, still working on that issue & it really makes no sense as to why the coder created perms the way he did for groups.

4. Yea zooming in to drop a pin is also an issue, but this is due to to googles api.

Do this, right click & drop a new pin, while the dialog box is still open, increase the map zoom by clicking the +, then drag the pin to where you want it, continually zooming in as you go & move the pin.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I went to try to do it this new way and found that the pin that I couldn't create yesterday was mysteriously there today,surprise.But seems if you left click anywhere on map a green pin and dialog box opens.Hopefully that wont create a false location.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Are you left handed & your mouse is on the left side & the mouse buttons are switched?

You can only create a pin by right clicking, from a righties perspective that is.

If your using a laptop touchpad, you may just simply be to close to the left side of it for clicking as well.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    When I zoomed in I couldn't leave a pin, so I left a pin without zooming, and then zoomed in to move it.
    I think this is a great idea if someone is traveling to an unfamiliar area, and would like help with traveling or just good places to visit. I remember a lot of people here hesitant on taking a trip because of reliability issues. I think this would really help knowing someone is in the area, and is familiar with directions, lodging, or even what Dealers to use (or stay away from!) I added suggestions or assistance on my comment line, so anyone in the area knows I will help if they need it. Of course this will be a lot more useful if everyone joins in.
    I agree with the networking idea. As I have stated before; I am willing to show folks the best roads in the Tx Panhandle. If they can just give me a day or two notice, I'm even willing to serve as tour guide for those and some of the best eateries in the area. All things you won't find on maps or apps. Local knowledge is always better.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Also note, this program doesnt stop you from having more than one pin anyways, which in a way it should, but i didnt design it.

Also, spyder01, i fixed the broken pins this morning, thats why its there.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    I agree with the networking idea. As I have stated before; I am willing to show folks the best roads in the Tx Panhandle. If they can just give me a day or two notice, I'm even willing to serve as tour guide for those and some of the best eateries in the area. All things you won't find on maps or apps. Local knowledge is always better.
    Did you put that info in your pin?
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

It doesn’t seem to be linked to Spyders to the Rescue, or dealer location? Zooming in will show the google POI. The dialogue box was not displaying what I typed, then wouldn’t save (didn’t complete fields). Guessing not very mobile friendly. Will try again later, for now can see how few Spyders are NOT near me.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    Did you put that info in your pin?
    Well. No, because I was having so much trouble getting it to work properly I kept everything as brief as possible in hopes of just getting a pin in the proper location. I figure once the map thing has all the bugs worked out, I would add more info about sharing routes & local knowledge of restaurants etc. and offering assistance if/when needed. I'm retired, have a large shop, trailer, lots of tools and plenty of free time.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Looks like a very good addition to the site, however it still needs a little more work.
    Now I can't seem to drop a pin at all. Right clicking doesn't seem to do anything.
    Other sites I belong to have successfully implemented a similar function, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time to work out the bugs
    Not complaining. Just passing on a status update.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    It doesn’t seem to be linked to Spyders to the Rescue, or dealer location? Zooming in will show the google POI. The dialogue box was not displaying what I typed, then wouldn’t save (didn’t complete fields). Guessing not very mobile friendly. Will try again later, for now can see how few Spyders are NOT near me.
    It'll never be linked to the rescue as this site has nothing to do with that fb group.

If you have suggestions as asked previously for this program, please post them.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Well. No, because I was having so much trouble getting it to work properly I kept everything as brief as possible in hopes of just getting a pin in the proper location. I figure once the map thing has all the bugs worked out, I would add more info about sharing routes & local knowledge of restaurants etc. and offering assistance if/when needed. I'm retired, have a large shop, trailer, lots of tools and plenty of free time.
    If you dont post what the issue is, then we cant help you with your issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Looks like a very good addition to the site, however it still needs a little more work.
    Now I can't seem to drop a pin at all. Right clicking doesn't seem to do anything.
    Other sites I belong to have successfully implemented a similar function, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time to work out the bugs
    Not complaining. Just passing on a status update.
    Did you follow the posted directions above (post #8), as there is no issue on my old ass Iphone 6s using chrome, nor using chrome on a pc?
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FWIW, I for one see no value in it. This forum seems to be getting away from its core strength as a mutual support site for Spyder Lovers.

Not a criticism. Just an observation.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

As I suggested somewhere else amongst the slew of posts that have resulted with the introduction of the new function, it sure would be nice if all these map pin posts could be combined in one thread like the do's and dont's for new Spyder owners so those folks who go to the What's New tab don't have to wade through a load of map pin posts. Any chance this could be done?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post

Did you follow the posted directions above (post #8), as there is no issue on my old ass Iphone 6s using chrome, nor using chrome on a pc?
    Yes I did. I have not yet found the balance of zooming and moving. I suppose if I try a bunch more times, I might.

Have you guys thought of ZeeMaps ? It's another mapping package.
    Just a thought. You guys know how to run the site better than any of us.

From a forum regarding one of my other passions:

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    FWIW, I for one see no value in it. This forum seems to be getting away from its core strength as a mutual support site for Spyder Lovers.

It doesn't sound like I will change your mind, but I think this is a great idea if someone is traveling to an unfamiliar area, and would like help with directions, or just good places to visit. I remember a lot of people here hesitant on taking a trip because of reliability issues. I think this would really help knowing someone is in the area, and is familiar with local attractions, lodging, or even what Dealers to use (or stay away from!) I added suggestions or assistance on my comment line, so anyone in the area knows I will help if they need it. Of course this will be a lot more useful if everyone joins in. We had something like this in the Valkyrie club I was in and it was very useful.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-21-2020 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    It doesn't sound like I will change your mind, but I think this is a great idea if someone is traveling to an unfamiliar area, and would like help with directions, or just good places to visit. I remember a lot of people here hesitant on taking a trip because of reliability issues. I think this would really help knowing someone is in the area, and is familiar with local attractions, lodging, or even what Dealers to use (or stay away from!) I added suggestions or assistance on my comment line, so anyone in the area knows I will help if they need it. Of course this will be a lot more useful if everyone joins in. We had something like this in the Valkyrie club I was in and it was very useful.
    I'd find it very difficult to locate someone close by from this, if I had a problem on the road. Internet connection....log in to SL....locate the map....find someone close by....PM them and hope they get back to you in a decent amount of time....nope I'm just not getting it. But that's just me.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

ok, some things have been added & some bugs etc fixed, working on another bug right now for the edit.

If you go edit your PIN, when the popup box comes up, move really fast to click edit or the box will close on ya.

Options added to the PIN markers
    Help Section:
    Tools Available
    Trailer Available
    Lodging Available

Clustered area'd number only, now has a color image marker around it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

The forum is getting away from its core strength?

So the addition of a map to help a fellow rider in need, isnt "mutual support"?

I'd find it very difficult to locate someone close by from this, if I had a problem on the road. Internet connection....log in to SL....locate the map....find someone close by....PM them and hope they get back to you in a decent amount of time....nope I'm just not getting it. But that's just me.
    That's probably because you just like to be critical of everything & be stubborn about it. No offense Pete!
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Ok, the popup window closing to fast should be resolved, its set to about 10s.
    2018 F3 , Red