SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default January Weather Forecast

Not happy with this January weather Forecast. Raining and then turning to freezing rain. Later it will be turning to Snow. Hi 30° Low 19°. What is your weather Forecast. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here in North Florida this past week it has been in the 80's but we have a cold front on the way (low 30's and maybe some freezing weather inland).
    Then back to normal temps.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

New snow at Mt. Rose/ Ski Tahoe------- superior skiing weather. Bluebird days with freshly groomed slopes. Cold for these old bones though.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Arkansas has been pretty good...so far. Many of the major storms have tracked east or west before heading north. We dodged a bullet a week ago. We did have eight tornadoes that were spawned from the system though. They missed us by 50 miles or more.

Weather has fluctuated from the high 20's to the low 70's. Today is partly cloudy and 50's.

Had a dusting of snow once, light freezing drizzle once so far. All gone by the next day. The grass and fields are already going green.

We are liking what we see...so far.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-18-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

For the second year in a row, it looks like I won't be able to ride in January. I got a couple rides in December and perhaps the South Dakota weather will cooperate and give me and let me do a ride in February.

I'm still trying to avoid winterizing the Spyder (beyond plugging in a battery maintainer) but history is starting to show it's no riding in January and February and might as well tuck it away in the garage during those months.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just got 4 inches of wet snow, rain, drizzle now turning colder and windy .

Spyder Garage

I dunno that the forecasters are having much fun here Down Under..... it's usually fairly easy to predict what our summers are gonna be like - Hot & dry, with a strong chance of fires; and yeah, we've done that..... But now the monsoon season has finally broken out up in the tropics, we've also got a brace of cyclones in the North West driving rain all the way across the country.... mostly not enough to really help with the drought or the fires, but in those areas where they've managed to beat the fires for now, there's nothing to hold the rain or any moisture in the soil, so if it's not currently "hot & dry with fires", then it's "hot & humid with floods!!"

Dorothea Mackellar really got it right when she described Australia in her poem 'My Country":

"I love a sunburnt country,
    a land of sweeping plains,
    of ragged mountain ranges,
    of droughts and flooding rains..."

and I really do love it too..... altho I hafta admit that there are occasionally days when I'd rather we didn't get all of that last line thrown at us at once!

As for our weather forecasters..... they're on a hiding to nothing atm.... whichever way they decide to go, it's gonna be awful for some/somewhere! Some days, you just can't win!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

10-16" snow today and tonight another 4-6 tomorrow YUK!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

plan on riding to a house for the buyers to measure the walls for their furniture tomorrow here in Pensacola. will be cool, but rideable... We will be sweating our butts off here soon enough....
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno that the forecasters are having much fun here Down Under..... it's usually fairly easy to predict what our summers are gonna be like - Hot & dry, with a strong chance of fires; and yeah, we've done that..... But now the monsoon season has finally broken out up in the tropics, we've also got a brace of cyclones in the North West driving rain all the way across the country.... mostly not enough to really help with the drought or the fires, but in those areas where they've managed to beat the fires for now, there's nothing to hold the rain or any moisture in the soil, so if it's not currently "hot & dry with fires", then it's "hot & humid with floods!!"

Dorothea Mackellar really got it right when she described Australia in her poem 'My Country":

"I love a sunburnt country,
    a land of sweeping plains,
    of ragged mountain ranges,
    of droughts and flooding rains..."

and I really do love it too..... altho I hafta admit that there are occasionally days when I'd rather we didn't get all of that last line thrown at us at once!

As for our weather forecasters..... they're on a hiding to nothing atm.... whichever way they decide to go, it's gonna be awful for some/somewhere! Some days, you just can't win!
    Awh Peter, I am sorry to hear of the troubles down your way. We have had massive fires here in Utah ( Cedar Breaks, Brien Head in 2017 and the Sanpete fires in 2018) both brought massive mud slides as the snows began to melt and the run off started. I wish you all well.
    We are in our January thaw here and it would be great riding right now except the roads are white with all the dried salt on them. Not taking the Spyder out in that.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default January Forecast

Bring your cup and hang on.
    High today 14° Low 9°...........

Spyder Garage

In South Carolina, one week it's like Florida, the next week it's like New York. Then the cycle repeats until spring.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

We started with low teens this AM. Now, working its way above 20. Looking for 40 so I can get a ride in. There is also a really, really, cold, chill, wind blowing.

Can't complain though, we had a 70 degree day last week. Rode three plus hours that day.

We are riding the roller coaster too.

EDIT: Topped out at 35. I am staying in.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-20-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend Weather

Well, this new weekend weather is going to be interesting. Friday all day rain Hi 41° Low 21°. Saturday freezing rain turning to snow Hi 31° Low 16°. Sunday snow Hi 30° Low 15°.
    Welcome to Indiana, USA..........

Got to Love it.......

Spyder Garage

Been off the 's the last four days. Rain, cooler, and temps hovering at that 32 degree mark, just between rain and freezing drizzle. Weather says a warming trend is supposed to happen in a few days...we should be back in the higher 40's. Will get back on the road then.

They are getting snow about 75 miles North of here. Springfield MO and points East and North of there. Close...but not here.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default January Forecast Ends

Well....the weather personnel have said that 'This January we had 21 days of higher Temperatures'. So look out for the February Forecast.
    Only got one Ryde day for January. There was to much Snow and Salt......

Spyder Garage

Not really nice ryding weather here in Australia!! It's been 38°C where I am for now in Victoria, but back home in South Aust it's been even worse!! 46° C yesterday, 48° C today, with more of the same to come only with higher humidity & very likely dry lightning & thunder storms! That South Aust weather usually only takes a day or so to make its way this far East, so we'll get it soon enough! Still, I am a bit closer to the coast here in Vic, so it's probably not going to get quite that hot - only expecting 42°C here tomorrow, but it'll come with the high to very high humidity & they're forecasting 'a very oppressive night' tomorrow! And any lightning storms really won't be good news for the firey's who are still out there fighting fires!!

So any cold weather &/or rain that you can spare from over there, I know a few places here that would really appreciate it if you could send it this way, even if it's juuust a little bit!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

We are supposed to have 70 degrees and sunshine on Sunday 2/2. and fingers crossed.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well 63 today in my part of Florida. Going to New Smyrna Beach for lunch in the car because the Spyder is back at the house in PA. oh well I'll just have to make the best of it while we are here.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Today here in Vermont, last night the temp was 10 degrees and the today it is sunny/ chilly, we have an arctic high pressure over the northeast that is giving us sunshine. But tonight will be another cold night. Friday will be sunny, but clouds move in late in the day, as warmer air starts to move in. There is a slight chance to of rain/snow showers.

The weekend temps in the 30s. The coastal storm they are keeping an eye on is staying south/east and totally miss us. Next week the weather will be in the 30's & 40's.

The weather here in Vermont has been cold, warm,( 40's to 50's) cold.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

In the high 60s to low 70s here in the Valley of The Sun. Still too cool to go without a jacket. It should warm up a bit in February. ..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Went riding today, but who cares about the January weather? There is only one more day of it.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Sunny and mid-50's here in NV... and I have the $%&%& flu. Grrr!
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black