Thread: 2019 RT help

Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RT help

Yesterday I purchased a 2019 RT base. My salesman knew very little about the bike, in order to help me sync my phone he had to pull up a YouTube video on his cell phone. It was getting late and we never did get it to work. Today I downloaded a manual and read it.. It says to connect the phone to the plug in the front compartment the USB plugs in the rear are for charging only. I have looked in the front compartment and there are no plugs. There is a hole where they should be but no wires. I pulled the battery cover off and there are no wires in there. Any help would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 and it gets connected in the rear truck. Your owners manual should be in the trunk (front trunk) unzip the liner as you did for battery access and further down there should be a manual/DVD in a plastic envelope

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check the videos in the Photos section on the Facebook BRP Connect User Group.

Pushing the joystick in gets you to the basic menu. Pushing it up/down gets you to the different features and settings. In the bluetooth is where you pair the phone and headsets. Once in BRP Connect using the joystick you can navigate to the different apps.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2125926714370274/

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rlreed View Post
    Yesterday I purchased a 2019 RT base. There is a hole where they should be but no wires. I pulled the battery cover off and there are no wires in there. Any help would be appreciated.
    There should be 2 holes in the frunk. An oval shaped hole on the right that should have the USB plug and a round hole on the left that should have an auxiliary 12 volt connection using spade connectors. If neither are present i would take it back to the dealer because the frunk will most likely have to come off to fish the wires into place.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I found the problem. When they put the battery in they pulled the wires out and left them behind the battery. All is working now.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by splake0 View Post
    I have a 2015 and it gets connected in the rear truck. Your owners manual should be in the trunk (front trunk) unzip the liner as you did for battery access and further down there should be a manual/DVD in a plastic envelope
    Just so you know, the cluster was changed and BRP Connect introduced in 2018. When it comes to connecting a smart phone almost nothing is the same as pre-2018.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Just so you know, the cluster was changed and BRP Connect introduced in 2018. When it comes to connecting a smart phone almost nothing is the same as pre-2018.
    Didn’t know that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One other thing. You say you purchased an RT Base? That doesn’t come with BRP Connect. Only the Ltd models have it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    One other thing. You say you purchased an RT Base? That doesn’t come with BRP Connect. Only the Ltd models have it.
    All the 2018 and 2019 RT models have BRP Connect.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    All the 2018 and 2019 RT models have BRP Connect.
    The new 2020’s might all come with Connect but when I bought my ‘18 the RT models I found the Ltd was the only model with BRP Connect. The S and Base models were the old way. it was only the Ltd’s that have the new dash.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    The new 2020’s might all come with Connect but when I bought my ‘18 the RT models I found the Ltd was the only model with BRP Connect. The S and Base models were the old way. it was only the Ltd’s that have the new dash.
    All the RT models and the F-T & LTD in 2018 came with the Digital Dash and the BRP Connect.

The F-3 Base And The F-3s came with the old dash

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

My 2019 RT base has BRP connect. I just rode with the gps on, a little small but workable. I have an Samsung S9 and it paired just fine...