Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Rally New Tires where to find them???????

I am looking to change out all 3 tires on my Ryker Rally. Only thing I found is the stock tires. Does anyone know where to find alternate brand of tires?

Spyder Garage

You might find it a little different over there, depending upon your local State/Federal rules, but here in Aust all you need to do is pick your preference from any reputable brand of tires that has a car tire available in a size within one or two width sizes (2 narrower is workable on the rear, but you probably won't fit anything wider than just 1 bigger) and one or two profile sizes, bearing in mind that if you go down a width you should go up a profile..... So a 205/60R15 on the rear should be fine, but please do compare the actual rolling dia &/or revs per mile details of any propsed tire to the stock details & stay within a less than about 10% variation. The size comparison charts that are available online etc can help to start with, but they should ONLY ever be considered as a rough guide - the actual dimensions of any given tire can vary significantly from their 'nominal sidewall size'. And make sure that any tire you choose has load & speed ratings that match or exceed those of the OE Specs.

Spyder & Ryker tires are simply lightly (& arguably, not that well!) constructed car/auto tires fitted onto car rims with 'J' type (car) bead profiles, and certainly in this Country & I strongly suspect yours too, it is illegal to fit anything but a car tire onto those rims..... and there is no legal impediment to fitting ANY DOT approved car tire that meets or exceeds the required load & speed ratings and is of a suitable/close enough size...... So see what others have chosen, and check out what else is available before making your own choice.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I've had no luck finding anything that will fit the Ryker front. If you do, let me know. I think BRP has finally found something that we can't replace with an aftermarket product. My Kenda's are pretty bad.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

What size are the stock Kendas on the front of the Rally's - the rear is still the same 15" isn't it?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-18-2020 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Front....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don’t need to change any yet but the closest I could find for the front was a 175/50/16. Looks like the fenders could be shimed.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback12 View Post
    I am looking to change out all 3 tires on my Ryker Rally. Only thing I found is the stock tires. Does anyone know where to find alternate brand of tires?
    For the rear tire google the stock size.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

I use the 205/45 TOYO T1 on the back (10.000 miles now) but I have the Standard 16" wheel on mine .. got an official paper from Toyo for the Ryker
    also look for some which would fit on the front, I hope that someone can test if the 175/50 fits ?!?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I've only got 2,500 miles on my Rally so it may be a while before I do the front tires. Hopefully someone can come up with something or we will have to test our own theories.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    What size are the stock Kendas on the front of the Rally's - the rear is still the same 15" isn't it?
    Front is 145/60R16 Front Rim size 16 x 4.5 inches
    Rear is 205/55R15 Rear Rim size 15 x 6.5 inches

Spyder Garage

We can find Toyo Tires for the rear. Rear tire is easy to find. I am having hard time finding front tire.

Spyder Garage

These are the tires I found but not sure it will work. I am not expert on tires
    Yokohoma 145-90-16
    Pirelli P4 215-60-16
    Continental 215-60-16
    Michelin Defender 205-60-16

Do you guys think one of these might work?????

Spyder Garage

Going from the 145/60/16 to a 175/50/16 is a big jump in tread on the ground. Diameter is identical. But a 21% wider tire is going to add some unnecessary drag as the current 145/60 has no traction issues. You're going to have to find room for over 1" more tire under the fender too. That will require at least 1/2" more clearance on each side. Haven't looked at it. But that is quite a bit.

Tire.jpg
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Mine are hardly worn after 5,000 miles and I hope I get 30,000 out of them. Of my 4 can ams only 1 of 8 tires went unbalanced so I will stay with stock.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    I use the 205/45 TOYO T1 on the back (10.000 miles now) but I have the Standard 16" wheel on mine .. got an official paper from Toyo for the Ryker
    also look for some which would fit on the front, I hope that someone can test if the 175/50 fits ?!?
    Chris, when you had the new rear tire mounted were there any issues with the tire mounting machine because of the brake disk attached to the rim? At 6,600 miles the "rain" wear bars are showing on my Rally rear tire; I am not anticipating but a few thousand more miles before I have it replaced. I have located several non Kenda options in 205/55-15 size and all season tread pattern and would likely remove and take the wheel to the tire shop for mounting. However, I do not know if the attached brake disk will present a problem.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    Chris, when you had the new rear tire mounted were there any issues with the tire mounting machine because of the brake disk attached to the rim? At 6,600 miles the "rain" wear bars are showing on my Rally rear tire; I am not anticipating but a few thousand more miles before I have it replaced. I have located several non Kenda options in 205/55-15 size and all season tread pattern and would likely remove and take the wheel to the tire shop for mounting. However, I do not know if the attached brake disk will present a problem.
    Having changed a few, I can confirm the brake disk is not in the way of the mounting machine.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thanks jcthorne, that is the comforting answer I was hoping for.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I've only got 2,500 miles on my Rally so it may be a while before I do the front tires. Hopefully someone can come up with something or we will have to test our own theories.
    I have had an RS, a ST Ltd and a F3T. I am about to pick up an Ryker Ace 900 and know I will likely want to change the front Kendas before they wear out if they are anything like the Kendas on my other Spyders. I have been playing around with online tire size comparison calculators and wonder if the following might work - 165/50R16. the differences are as below - similar in size except about .8 "" wider. Any thoughts if those would fit under the front fenders? If you search you will find the FEDERAL FORMOZA AZ01 in this size. Thoughts?

145/60-16 165/50-16 Difference
    Diameter inches (mm) 22.85 22.5 -0.35 -1.6%
    Width inches (mm) 5.71 6.5 0.79 13.8%
    Circum. inches (mm) 71.79 70.67 -1.11 -1.6%
    Sidewall Height inches (mm) 3.43 3.25 -0.18 -5.2%