Thread: BEST warranty

Spyder Garage

Default BEST warranty

I puchased the x warranty last summer and other than an email from BRP got nothing else,no kind of documents. Is that how it is?

Spyder Garage

When I got mine on the 2014 RT-S, I got a card from BRP with dates of expiration for the Best Warranty. That was the only paperwork I received.

Happily, I did not have any need for the extra year of best warranty. It is now expired and we are still driving the 2014. We are up to 35,000 miles and counting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It is my understanding they no longer send out any documentation or warranty card for the Best warranty. It is based on your VIN as it always has been.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No paper work on my Rally. Just e- mail only. cueman

Spyder Garage

I called and asked about mine, they sent me a single page document with the VIN and a wallet card similar to a insurance card.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Received an email verification only of my BEST warranty - after I called BRP customer service to inquire 3 months after purchase.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I contacted BRP about paperwork for my original warranty paperwork (bought new 2019 on 10-31-19) and they said this would come from the selling dealership. BRP did verify that my VIN # was in the system and I was under warranty. When I contacted the dealer I purchased from - they said there is no paperwork - everything is done through the VIN #.
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2018 in Jan 2019. In Nov 2019 I received confirmation from BRP that my BEST warranty was active and a wallet size card with the expiration and VIN on it.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I am thinking it is probably a good thing to confirm your warranty after a month or so. It does not sound like a system is in place for customer notification.

This is a trust, but verify thing.

If a dealer forgets to send in the information, it looks like one could have some issues in the event of a major repair.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I printed the email and put copies in my truck and my Spyder. I also took a photo for my camera and put the customer service numbers in my phone. I'm assuming that any Can-Am dealer has access to the information so really the most important thing you need is the phone number in case you're stranded and need to be towed to the dealer. I wish more formal information was sent via mail to the customer though but perhaps they don't feel that's necessary as the warranty is transferable and based on the VIN.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I guess i'm old school but I still like to talk to a person when I call on the phone and I like to have an actual warranty card in my wallet when I pay that much money. We're living in a different world today . . . .
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Hell.. It would be nice to get an acknowledgement from BRP when I purchased a brand new 2019 F3-S

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks all !