Spyder Garage

Default Florida vacation

The MRS and I will be leaving next week for a few weeks in the Sunshine State. Our car (HHR) is only rated for 1K lbs, so won't be able to trailer our RT along. I checked around for rentals. Dang, they're proud of the Spyder down there, $250 a day. Even a Harley trike is in the same vicinity. Shoot, I guess we'll just relax and get sunburned.

Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guzzihack View Post
    The MRS and I will be leaving next week for a few weeks in the Sunshine State. Our car (HHR) is only rated for 1K lbs, so won't be able to trailer our RT along. I checked around for rentals. Dang, they're proud of the Spyder down there, $250 a day. Even a Harley trike is in the same vicinity. Shoot, I guess we'll just relax and get sunburned.

Coke
    If you already have a trailer capable to haul the Spyder, maybe consider getting a rental to make the trip.

It is essentially primetime riding season here. Besides northerners that show up bleach white and head home tomato red is not cool. Somewhat funny to locals...

Spyder Garage

When you can find them for rent, $250 is usually what is charged for daily rentals. They go by what the market will bear pricing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

where in florida are you gong?
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Coke
    1000lbs. interesting - your Spyder can tow 400lbs. and some have towed 650lbs. with a trailer that has elec. brakes..... does the HHR have a tow ball in the bumper ??? or is it a real frame mounted hitch ??? ….. that will make a difference …. contact Curtis a manufacturer of Veh. hitches see what they say ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Our trip will take us to Tampa area then to in-laws at Palm Coast (who have a H trike). We have a hitch, but no trailer anymore anyway. Sold it and pickup to finance the RT in '15. Found another site, www.rider-share.com , that is another possibility. Closest Spyder worth considering is S of Orlando at $150 a day. 2 wheels are cheaper, but need a backrest at minimum so that momma stays aboard. She sometimes has issues.

Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Coke
    Ship bikes down there. There was another post that suggested Haul Bikes Carrier as an option.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2020 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Unless they have changed their policy, the trains will not haul Spyders. Too low.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I checked with them, it was going to be close to $800 round tripping. Just can't justify that for a few days of ryding. Besides, my SS check would be feeling painful.
    Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK