Thread: Trailering

Spyder Garage

Default Trailering

I am picking up a used Can Am Spyder, we live in MN. So for the new few months driving it home is not a option. I have a trailer with wood floor, thinking of making wood blocks for wheels. Where are the best tie down spots?
    Drive home would be about 70 miles.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The best way I think if you are going to use the trailer all the time for the Spyder is to set it up like this https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ailer+tie+down Now if its just a one time thing this works https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ailer+tie+down

You will need a trailer that has a 6 x 10 ft bed and make sure you have long ramps (2 long 1 a little shorter sometimes works best) because the spyder sits low and a short ramp will not work.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-16-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter45 View Post
    I am picking up a used Can Am Spyder, we live in MN. So for the new few months driving it home is not a option. I have a trailer with wood floor, thinking of making wood blocks for wheels. Where are the best tie down spots?
    Drive home would be about 70 miles.
    The Most foolproof and guaranteed not to damage anything or even scratch anything, way of tying down any Spyder … is something I have recommended for years and years …. secure the rear tire to the floor by placing a sturdy RACHET strap over the tire in line with the tread ….. there are lots of pics from members here who now use this method. … This is how Mecham Auto auctions tie down $ 1,000,000 plus cars that they transport ….. if they like it, I think they know what their doing ….. Good luck …. Mike PS use the advanced search to locate the pics ...