Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    Had a second ride on Monday and experienced the same condition for about an hour after starting off. It was very random and sporadic and could be felt occurring during a long turn, almost like an on and off switch. Then it stopped for about 4 hours. During the last hour going home, it happened once, only this time it was during a quick lane change, and I had to really turn the bars very hard.

Today, I pulled off the battery cover to check the terminal connections and discovered that I could twist the positive cable and bolt with my hand. Took everything loose, cleaned the surfaces, added di-electric grease and a lock washer and bolted everything back up. Took another 5 hour ride today and did not experience any incidents. So, hopefully, the battery connection was the culprit - fingers crossed! Thanks all for the battery suggestion.

Now, if I could just get rid of the hyper-flash issue that popped up with the new TricLed front turn signals.........
    …. it was ( as stated in my post to you on 1/16/20 ) the DPS has a very large Power draw ….. and a loose connection will cause problems …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Had a second ride on Monday and experienced the same condition for about an hour after starting off. It was very random and sporadic and could be felt occurring during a long turn, almost like an on and off switch. Then it stopped for about 4 hours. During the last hour going home, it happened once, only this time it was during a quick lane change, and I had to really turn the bars very hard.

Today, I pulled off the battery cover to check the terminal connections and discovered that I could twist the positive cable and bolt with my hand. Took everything loose, cleaned the surfaces, added di-electric grease and a lock washer and bolted everything back up. Took another 5 hour ride today and did not experience any incidents. So, hopefully, the battery connection was the culprit - fingers crossed! Thanks all for the battery suggestion.

Now, if I could just get rid of the hyper-flash issue that popped up with the new TricLed front turn signals.........
    I took some heat about what style star lockwasher and where the lockwasher was placed in earlier posts. You clearly stated the wire terminal was able to be rotated on the battery post.

Placing a lockwasher under the bolt head, on a connection or joint where the joint itself has the ability to rotate, renders the lockwasher, regardless of the style less effective. As I mentioned in previous posts, there are times when the correct style lockwasher is placed between the electrical terminal AND the post it is secured to, followed by the flat washer and a second lockwasher.

Assembling in this way lessens the chance of the electrical wire moving and loosening the bolt / flat washer / lockwasher above it.

Ideally, when using lockwashers, there is no means that allows the parts to rotate loose. As an example, an exhaust manifold. In that example, multiple fasteners prevent the manifold from turning.

The downside of battery terminal is they are made of a soft material that can yield over time and use. When that occurs, the wire itself more easily rotates, and the entire connection becomes loose.

Regardless, glad to read your Spyder is fixed.

Spyder Garage

This worked on my 2016 ST-S
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...led+hyperflash
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Call TricLed and have them send a ballast resistor or just buy one for each signal from Amazon.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black