Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    The OEM rear tire on the TriGlide/Freewheeler is a 205/65R 15 . Harley-Davidson doesn't list a rear tire option on their website, only fronts..
    https://www.harley-davidson.com/shop...hTermScope=-99
    Interesting …. However NONE of the " rear " ( or front ) tires will fit a " J " type wheel …. and the 205/65R-15 you mention is or was a Dunlop tire with a " J " type " BEAD "..... I investigated this years ago because some ( quite a few actually ) folks here were claiming BRP had to use Mtc. tires on the Spyders and this is factually False …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Interesting …. However NONE of the " rear " ( or front ) tires will fit a " J " type wheel …. and the 205/65R-15 you mention is or was a Dunlop tire with a " J " type " BEAD "..... I investigated this years ago because some ( quite a few actually ) folks here were claiming BRP had to use Mtc. tires on the Spyders and this is factually False …… Mike
    Correct .. Front/rear tires are Dunlops
    TIRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION MT90B16 72H TIRES,
    REAR SPECIFICATION P205/65R15 92T

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, I'm a guy who has been trolling for a year. I have a Kawasaki Nomad, 1700cc (like a Harley) but am wanting to go to a Spyder next year. Here is my main reason. How I ride! I love to just get out and go with no destination in mind. Inevitably, I go down some country road that may dead end or get really rough, maybe even turn into a dirt road. Trying to do a Uturn or back up a heavy bike on a turn road that is just two ruts with grass in between is just about impossible. On top of that, the weight of the bike is very hard to push backwards with slipper grass or leaves on a shady dirt road under my feet. I LOVE the idea of a reverse to bail me out. Also, I LOVE not having to try and balance a heavy bike when on these less than ideal roads and trying to turn around. So basically for me, a Spyder is the perfect "adventure" bike for the types of adventures I go on.

Spyder Garage

What kind of wind protection are you looking for? Our Air Wings work wonders on the Goldwing. These may be able to make you enjoy your current rides much more with a simple addition. Shoot us an email if you have questions we would be happy to help. info@bakerbuilt.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    Well, I'm a guy who has been trolling for a year. I have a Kawasaki Nomad, 1700cc (like a Harley) but am wanting to go to a Spyder next year. Here is my main reason. How I ride! I love to just get out and go with no destination in mind. Inevitably, I go down some country road that may dead end or get really rough, maybe even turn into a dirt road. Trying to do a Uturn or back up a heavy bike on a turn road that is just two ruts with grass in between is just about impossible. On top of that, the weight of the bike is very hard to push backwards with slipper grass or leaves on a shady dirt road under my feet. I LOVE the idea of a reverse to bail me out. Also, I LOVE not having to try and balance a heavy bike when on these less than ideal roads and trying to turn around. So basically for me, a Spyder is the perfect "adventure" bike for the types of adventures I go on.
    I had a Valkyrie (also very heavy) and ended up getting rid of it after I had back surgery for the same reasons you mentioned. Years later decide to go with Spyder and problems gone! Also the navigation comes in handy when you take those backroads that look great but eventually have to find your way home!