Spyder Garage

Default Received the new BRP 23" windshield

and there is an amazing difference. My question to others who have purchased the same: did you install the side deflectors? What is the benefit vs the drawbacks. We have not attached the deflectors yet and I would like to see what others have to say.
    PS to all who have been following my saga...bike is back and running well, I am keeping my fingers crossed as crossing my legs makes it difficult to drive.
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by csmead View Post
    I am keeping my fingers crossed as crossing my legs makes it difficult to drive.

Not if you rode it sidesaddle like in your avatar pic.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

csmead,

I purchased BRP 25 in windshield, but was not impressed. I am 6' 3" and I liked the fact that I could still see over the windshield, the wind on my body was greatly reduced, but the head and helmet wind problem was increased and it was so bad at 55 mph and up that it vibrated by glasses so much I could not see clearly. I did put on the side deflectors and they did work well cutting down on wind on the legs. But you will feel more heat from the pipes and engine. Would be good for cool weather riding. Right now I remove both windshield and deflectors. Less of a problem with sport touring windshield for me. May sell mine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed mine last month along with the air deflectors. Im over 6 feet tall, My face has felt better ever since. However I have noticed that in the heat of the day I stay much warmer on the bike. I had to take off the deflectors after two days because I was roasting alive. In the winter I think they will do well.

Spyder Garage

welcome graysonrider

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

BillGargan

I have the 25" UltraTouring. I had the Touring.

The new one has vastly improved my ryding. Wind now hits the top of my helmet rather than my forehead. The wind noise is in my ears is dramatically lower with a 3/4 helmet.

I am just under 5'7" and have the HeliBar riser -- which makes me more vertical and more like 5'11" as a ryder.

Spyder Garage

My BMW has the side deflectors that rotate - channel air to you in the heat, and away in the cold/rain - they REALLY work.

I wish they were avaialble for the F1... but a 25" shield is way too short for me. My shield is 31.5", and I can still see over the top. Still have some air, but no buffeting - I can use my half helmet without a problem.

The proof will be riding in the rain..... Probably should use the LT for that....

Spyder Garage

appreciate the advice, I will hold off on attaching the side deflectors until winter. The smaller shields would direct the air flow up into my helmet and cause screaming pain in my ears...wind would actually lift the helmet off my head when driving at higher road speeds. Now I can drive faster...
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Spyder Garage

With my shield inprovments I do not feal the air (bugs) in my face.
    I feal a nice breeze in my shirt. Sweet!

Spyder Garage

Default Side Deflectors

I live in Albuquerque and lately the temps have been in the high ninety's and I haven't felt much difference with the side deflectors. They look really nice once installed.

I was wondering if someone could do me a favor. I ordered the 25" and it seems small. If I measure from the lower mounting point it measures 25" if I measure from the V shape on the windshield It measures a little more then 23 3/4, almost 24". I checked the P/N number that come with the instructions and it does not match either the # on the windshield is off by one number. I'm wondering if my dealer sent me the 23" and not the 25" the P/N number is on the lower left hand side of the windshield and for the 23" the # should be 750003992 and for the 25" the # should be 705003990 this is according to the instruction sheet. My number on my winshield is 705003390 so I'm confused. My dealer shows nothing for any of these P/N numbers they go by the Kit Number, 219400129 for the 23" and 219400177 for 25", the box when I received it had the number for the 25". I've asked folks on the other website Spyder Talk if they wouldn't mind checking the number on there windshield and no one has responsed not to eager to help for some reason, because I haven't received a response and it's been about 2 weeks. I'll try posting on this forum to see if can get some help to solve the mystery of the P/N #..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    I live in Albuquerque and lately the temps have been in the high ninety's and I haven't felt much difference with the side deflectors. They look really nice once installed.

I was wondering if someone could do me a favor. I ordered the 25" and it seems small. If I measure from the lower mounting point it measures 25" if I measure from the V shape on the windshield It measures a little more then 23 3/4, almost 24". I checked the P/N number that come with the instructions and it does not match either the # on the windshield is off by one number. I'm wondering if my dealer sent me the 23" and not the 25" the P/N number is on the lower left hand side of the windshield and for the 23" the # should be 750003992 and for the 25" the # should be 705003990 this is according to the instruction sheet. My number on my winshield is 705003390 so I'm confused. My dealer shows nothing for any of these P/N numbers they go by the Kit Number, 219400129 for the 23" and 219400177 for 25", the box when I received it had the number for the 25". I've asked folks on the other website Spyder Talk if they wouldn't mind checking the number on there windshield and no one has responsed not to eager to help for some reason, because I haven't received a response and it's been about 2 weeks. I'll try posting on this forum to see if can get some help to solve the mystery of the P/N #..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Ron
    If I had the BRP windshield I would surely help you out. Maybe one of these BRP windshield owners can find the numbers you need.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.