Spyder Garage

Default Two eBay fails - Hand Brake and Kruzer Kaddy

The brake kit was incomplete, and I had to send it back, it was missing the main frame that the PO accidentally left on their machine on trade in, but without a mount, I cannot use the ISCI kit, you are paying for the machining of that bracket, but the brake parts like the cylinder, the reservoirs and handles, those can be found in Grainger with ease.

The Kruzer Kaddy Drink Holder included mounting bolts that did not fit the bolts they are supposed to replace. The new longer mount bolts included in the kit were the wrong bore, and the spacers too. So I have to return that today. The drink holder also clashes with the tour shield on sharp right turns. Send it back.

I think with the obsolete nature of the RSS, I am going to keep running into issues like this, and I need to get used to fabricating from now on.

Just disappointing when you have parts in and you get weather good enough to go out in the shop with, and the parts are failures....

Sigh...sick of winter.....
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Buying used from Ebay = Caveat Emptor!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Exactly

Spyder Garage

With Ebay / CraigsList / etc. you win some you lose some... no point in blaming the Spyder RS(S) for that! The RS line is still far better looking than CanAm's latest offerings which are just YUK! I am so NOT into the F3's or the Ryder's! :-(

Also I'd like to add that a paid for Spyder is better than one that you are making payments on... just saying!

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Dude, I am retired, and I don't support banks by making payments. I learned a long time ago, swallow your pride. If you can't afford it, do without. Hate to bust your chops but that's a rude assumption.

Second piece of rude assumptions, where did I ever state I hate my RSS? I will put my RSS on the line against any Can Am here. I know how to tune machines, and most importantly over the last 45 years of my life, I have learned to race everything I own, ride, or drive, so performance is a must. The RSS is in my shed because its numbers made way more sense to me than a 1330, especially the price. The only thing I said is the RSS is obsolete, and parts are becoming limited as the machine is no longer made. As a result, I will have to do more fabricating is all. That is not a statement of hatred or blame.

If I had an issue with my RSS, I would not own it.

Spyder Garage

Hey do you have a part number for the cylinder? From Grainger?.... i did my own hand brake without any frane or linkahes. Just a single Dorman clutch cylinder. I posted it just today and a vid on Youtube.