Spyder Garage

Default Fuzeblock FZ-1 install on 2019 RTL

I did a search on this and the threads go back 2-3 years. Wondering where everyone is mounting their fuze boxes. At first thought I was thinking right by the battery - but then I was thinking that there has to be a more convenient spot on the 2019 RTL. Any suggestions?
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Im in the same situation with a 2016 RTL. I'm thinking in the compartment where the horn since it is just a pull panel if I need to get to it. My main concern is where to tap into the switched wire.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

I'm not familiar with the RT, but I place my fuse block above the battery in my F3L. I zip tied it to something and powered it through a relay that is activated only when the ignition is on.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

maybe helpful
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ght=Fuse+block

There was a pic at one time , can’t seem to find now

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I purchased and had installed a fuse block made by Eastern Beaver. The service manager at Motosports in Hanover, PA, placed it inside the frunk liner on the left side of my RTL. It has 6 switched and 2 unswitched outputs. His only comment was: "If you hook anything up to the block, be sure to use connectors. If I have to remove the frunk, I will cut the wires."
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

This is the one I installed on my F3L.....
    https://www.banggood.com/DC12V24V32V...r_warehouse=CN
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Here is my install of Fuze Block FZ-1 mounted in Frunk on battery cover secured with aluminum bracket and rivets.
    Finished FZ-1 Install.jpg
    Finished FZ-1 Install 2.jpg
    Fuse Block Battery Cover.jpg
    Fuse Block Mounting 1.jpg
    FZ-1 Battery Cover Mount.jpg
    FZ-1 LOCATION.jpg
    FZ-1 Wiring Marked.jpg
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I used MeudtPG idea to install mine - with a help.
    I didn't want it to be mounted on the battery cover, although that is a very good spot too.

FZ-1 final.jpg FZ-1 velcroed.jpg FZ-1 velco.jpg FZ-1 w_velcro.jpg FZ-1 glued.jpg Velcro.jpg FZ-1 ElecPlate.jpg
    Mine is glued with and original JB Weld (was tested the best glue to resist vibration by ProjectFarm) to sanded trunk's wall with 100% silicone filled void behind the curved wall for additional support. I can attach the FZ-1 in two different rotations this way. No messing with the wires if I will need to access the battery and the fusebox is more inwards between the Left and Right Spyder’s fuseboxes.
    Right now I have only one wire connected to it, so I chose to have it upside down, but the wires are long enough for the FZ-1 to be flipped. I might possibly screw the mount plate to the cut gray electrical plate for better security if needed, therefore the gap in the center (which is too big on the bike’s wall, oh well).

My Switched source (inside of gray split loom) comes from a hidden zipped optional plug. I fed this plug through the grommet hole together with new wires inside of an orange split loom. I have a male quick connect on the end of the switched wire from the fusebox to the optional plug. We took off the frunk to pull the hidden optional plug out though as we couldn’t find the wires, which are zip-tied.
    Hidden Optional Accessory plugs.jpg
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket