Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default My First 1000 Miles On The F3L

Stats: 2019 F3 Limited, Chrome Edition, Phoenix Orange
    All stock...with the following farkles and set up.

Farkles: Can-Am Driving Lights, BRP Signature Light.

Set up: U-fit...for me based on chart. Short reach handlebars and brake rods at position #2. It worked great. The new F3 fits me like a glove.

I purchased the bike from iMotorsports. The deal was good. Set up was on the money. All promises were kept. Free delivery when they said, missed it by 30 minutes: . Arrived with a full tank of gas.

Yesterday, I crossed 1000 miles. I did not drive it for only three days since I got it. Weather was a bit to cold, to windy (over 40 mph), or raining.

F3 has performed above my expectations. It turns out I am liking it a tad better than my beloved RT-S. Linda is a very happy camper. She now has a 1330. Handling is wonderful on the F3. No glitches or issues. My only complaint is that I do not like the skinny brake pedal. I am shortly going to replace it with a wider one.

I have done a couple things so far. The OEM seat was replaced at 700 miles. I purchased the BRP Cannonball seat. It is comparable to the BRP Comfort seat, which I have had on three other Spyders.

The butt no longer gets sore at 50 miles. Cannonball has more padding and is a bit wider than OEM. A good alternative if you do not want to spend $1K. 150 miles and 4 hours in the saddle today, no problems.

My gas mileage (first checked yesterday at 1000 miles) was 32 mpg. For me, a bit disappointing, since I am used to at least high 30's on the other 1330. I am using 87 octane gas, and it contains 10% ethanol. So far, I think the F3 is peppier than the RT. I am running it above 3500 rpm for most of my driving though. It averages 4000. I like third gear for under 50 mph. That "might" be one of the issues. Going to experiment a bit further with rpm and octane. The jury is out.

I have added two riding companions to our . Burt and Ernie the muppets are now our passengers. The story is in another thread.

I am currently going to run out the OEM Kenda tires until they need replacement. I will then move to the "dark side." I am not going to add any suspension components at this time. Planning on doing most of our riding one up, since we both have . Am very pleased with the ride on both.

The OEM windshield is a keeper for now. I am not feeling any wind buffeting. We will see how it does in the rain.

When I get to the three thousand miles, I plan to take it to Lamonster for the initial oil change service.

A couple more farkles...so far. I want a lighted bumpskid, some additional rear lighting, the wider brake pad, and a rear trunk rack (chrome) of course. Also going to get a set of hopnel soft luggage. They have these for about $25 apiece. $100 for a set of four is a good deal, imo.

That is the plan so far. It is a great ride, I am happy with the F3, and have no buyers remorse.

There are current pictures in my F3 album. When the final farkles go on, I will post additional pictures to the album.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=4997

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-08-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red