Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Um.... who won???
    ….back 2014 at Spyderfest I was in my class and third over-all ………..Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beachbumPC View Post
    I think the oil change helped some, I went on a 85 mile ride Saturday and about 3400 rpm I could make soundless shifts up into 2,3,4,5th. Higher rpm would result in the upshift click. I've ridden a 2016 that was new and it shifted quietly compared to mine.
    If the concern persists, an easy check would be ensuring the front pulley splines are not worn.

Spyder Garage

No warranty on it, I bought from a private owner that was 77 years old so I don't think its been run too hard. Just hit 3K miles
    To get to reverse--push the reverse button on the left handle before you do anything else. If your working the reverse lever at the same time as hitting the reverse button--it could be your problem. 77 yrs old that's almost the same age as BLUEKNIGHT911--it must be very scary. Myself --I won't be 76 until March.
    Good luck
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Just paid attention on yesterdays ride...
    There's definitely noise on mine (F3S MY2018), specially for 1 and 2... 3 and above seems to be less noisier but then the engine roar might be just covering the transmission click/clunk noise to my ears.
    What I've noticed is it does get better if shifted around 3500rpm and if the finger is left on the switch for at least 1 second (which most of the time i don't).

Oil was changed 1200mi ago.

Also this was with a modular helmet, flipped up so I might had more sound coming to my sensitive ears.

I think it's been always like this since new (10.000mi now), but it might got worse, not sure...
    So I'll be lifting that left cover to see if there's any signs of that red dust (done this 2000mi ago, no signs at that time).
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

I tried pushing the shift paddle all the way to the stop and I can shift with little to no noise on more shifts. This is unlike the SE5 I had where a quick jab seemed to shift better.I guess it's me that needs some tweaking and not the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I think the oil change helped some, I went on a 85 mile ride Saturday and about 3400 rpm I could make soundless shifts up into 2,3,4,5th. Higher rpm would result in the upshift click. I've ridden a 2016 that was new and it shifted quietly compared to mine.
    All vehicles sound smoother with an oil change from SUV down to a riding lawn mower. It's common to hear 1st inning victory celebrations--good luck to you :-)
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Took a peek under the pulley cover, no signs of red dust

Mine definitely clicks and I do feel the knock on the pegs every time it shifts. Much smoother if I push the paddle gently and keep it press for 1 second.
    Downshifting is much louder, but I do think it's perfectly mormal.

I've search for videos on youtube where you could hear it, and mine seems to be pretty much like this one:

Spyder Garage

The video sound similar to the click I was hearing shifting. I bought this F3 with 2900 miles and was told it was serviced at 1700 miles. I don't know if that included an oil change. I changed the oil at 3000 miles and now with 3500 miles, I'm learning what the Spyder likes, 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd 3-3500 rpm are noticeably quieter. From 3rd on up any rpm is quieter. Today I was shifting from 3-4 and 4-5 at 5500 rpm and it drops in like butter. I'm going to change the oil and filter again at 4000 miles with Valvoline 10-40 full synthetic motorcycle oil as I need to install new drain plugs. This is definitely a learning curve from my old ST-S

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 F3-T and I hear that slight click from the video as well when I shift. I almost view it as normal. I don't really see it as an issue.

What do you guys think after watching the video?

Spyder Garage

Mine does it, I believe all does.

Could be louder or quieter depending on a couple of factors (oil, temp, speed, rpm, how you press the shifter, if you are wearing an open helmet or not).

Still I would remove the pulley cover and check for any signs of red dust.

Spyder Garage

The noises from the Spyder are more noticeable when it is cold. After it warms up most of the noises quiet down some. Keep in mind that just because the water temp gauge is indicating normal operating temperature, that is only the water temperature. It takes a while longer for the oil and all the metal of the engine and transmission to reach normal operating temperature.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Just seen latest video of Shawn Smoak he does speak about the click and how they all do that at 8:02mn

Except for the new RT it seems.

Spyder Garage

Mine sounds exactly what he's describing in the video. I just ordered an exhaust for it so I'll have a new sound to enjoy.