Spyder Garage

Spyder Daytona Bike Week

We're headed to Bike Week and would like to know where we can hook up with other spyder riders?

Spyder Garage

This one ain't gonna be nowhere near Daytona. I quit going to the big rallies 25 years ago. Too much traffic, too many people, same old stuff in a different place, hotels all full, no place to park, prices all doubled. I will go over to Destination Daytona and look around on a weekday when nothing big is happening. When there is a big event going on, I avoid even going close to them. Last time I went to a big rally it took about 3 hours to get from Laconia over to Meridith. That is not my idea of fun.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'll be there but, the Spyder will be here.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Might go back down for Bike Week. I will be there for the Rolex 24 at the end of the month.
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'll be in Florida, but not going anywhere near Trailer Week festivities. Glory days of racing are over and the rest of that mess doesn't interest me.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I will be there. Only live 30 minutes away. It's not what it used to be. I would never pay the exorbitant(double) rates the hotels charge. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you. The speedway was half filled in October. They sock it to the vendors also. I could do without the noise. Butt that is life. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I think I'm done with Bike Week. I went for many years, but I just don't see an awful lot to interest me any more. If I rode a Harley, it might be different. I could dress up like a pirate and fit in with the gang. That's just never been my thing. I do enjoy seeing the custom bikes and the great paint jobs, but few vendors have anything to offer, for me. I rode a Honda VTX1800, and then a Gold Wing. Very few things available for those machines. The Spyder, I assume even less. Now if a large group of Spyder riders and a promise of some good Can Am vendors were there, I might change my mind. It's about a 2 1/2 hour trip, north, for me.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Just a little tale as to why I won't go to Bike Week Daytona ever again. This was back in 2001...

To escape the double rates, Frank and I booked rooms in Deland which is about 30 miles west of Daytona. One chilly night we were heading back to our rooms on International Speedway Blvd (92). It was pitch dark in the bush and our headlights picked up deer about every 1/4 mile along both sides of the road. We were NOT speeding but going under the limit because of the wildlife. Pitch black, I remind you. Suddenly two police cars lit up with all their lights right behind us. They had been following us completely dark for some time apparently. One for each of us, how nice. They ticketed us for 15 over which would spare us points but still levied a hefty fine of over $100. Once we got back home (that was our last night) we got notice in the mail about how to pay. I got a bill for $110 and Frank got a bill for $130! Why? Because he was Mexican? Who can say. I will mention we were both on Valkyries and not Harleys. Believe it or not, at that time, if you didn't have a Harley, you were targeted. I haven't been back and will never return. I hate Florida anyway.

If you are planning a trip to Daytona bike week, go a few days before the official start date. Most vendors are set up and have lots of goodies. Once the official start date arrives so does the crowd and later in the week the tourists arrive with their "monster" trucks which blow diesel or at least CO1 directly into your face.... UGH!

to see some Daytona stuff and just click on each pic to see the next one and you will see a familiar face in some of them.

dtrip05.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I'll be going down again in March and been going down in October and March for the bike events for the past 25 years. We like to get away for a week and I enjoy the atmosphere during the events, sure its more expensive but ya can't take it with you so we enjoy it while we can. We love riding the coast. The event has gotten smaller over the years, Beach St vendors are gone.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    I'll be going down again in March and been going down in October and March for the bike events for the past 25 years. We like to get away for a week and I enjoy the atmosphere during the events, sure its more expensive but ya can't take it with you so we enjoy it while we can. We love riding the coast. The event has gotten smaller over the years, Beach St vendors are gone.
    So do you trailer the Spyder down there?
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    So do you trailer the Spyder down there?
    Absolutely, you never know how the weather is going to be in March and I also take my Big Dog motorcycle with me. I see your from Waynesboro. I used to work for AMP/TYCO/TE Connectivity. lol