Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default aPple devices for audio

I despise anything Apple. Period. They do everything for you, but what that does is wrest all control FROM you. The proliferation of cars that only interface appreciably with Apple devices is ubiquitous. Case in point. Both my spouselings Honda car and my Spyder will only work with iPhones or iPods. Most of my music listening is done on my bike which has a good interface for the above. Song readout on digital display. Use of playlists. Skip forward or backward. Etc... So, I got a new iPod touch to replace my old NANO. I wanted some more music to put in the extra memory it provided. I attempted to both get "free" stuff through Apple Music & maybe buy a tune or two.

I browsed Apple music and grabbed a few titles and synced iTunes with my iPod tOuch... Sort of. After the sync I got the notice "[too many] songs were not transferred to your device because [you ain't allowed to do that] <= paraphrased. wTF! After dismissing that notice I get another ditto of the above concerning music I purchased over the years with the same penalty no can xfer. wTF! So investigation shows that none of the songs purchased with my old Apple ID would I be able to use in the tOuch. Literally hundreds of my library would not play on the new iPod. Then I foolishly tried to BUY some songs. But I was told I would need to update to the latest version of Windoze. I could not do anything that involves using/changing my aPple account cuz it won't let me log in anymore unless I get the latest version of Windoze. Plus, somehow some way many of the old songs I've had for years that I put into iTunes off CDs that I own were flagged as purchases with my old aPple ID which, as noted, won't play on the tOuch.

I needed to work through iTunes because I'd spent many hours writing scripts for the iTunes API to manipulate & manage my music so I would not hear the same songs over and over and over and that some of my favorites will be peppered into the play order along with playing songs I haven't heard for at least 2 months.

I have solved my problem through other means and aPple Corp will never get another nickel from me ever so what do ya think of that sTeve! ?
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 Tacoma and of course I follow the Tacoma web site mostly for giggles. Much like this site there is a lot of useful info when you sift through chaff. One thing folks complained about was the fact the Tacoma didn't have aPple cArpLay system. Well, they got their wish and the 2020 Taco has it. The posts from people screaming like mashed cats are going through the roof because the new system stinks. ToYoTa has came up with several updates, but the problems are still there. I'm not one to switch vehicles very often, but I think my 2017 will be in my garage for many years. My wife has a very old I-pod laying around here somewhere, but I refuse to drink the apple kool aid.
    2015 RT , Black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I have a 2017 Tacoma and of course I follow the Tacoma web site mostly for giggles. Much like this site there is a lot of useful info when you sift through chaff. One thing folks complained about was the fact the Tacoma didn't have aPple cArpLay system. Well, they got their wish and the 2020 Taco has it. The posts from people screaming like mashed cats are going through the roof because the new system stinks. ToYoTa has came up with several updates, but the problems are still there. I'm not one to switch vehicles very often, but I think my 2017 will be in my garage for many years. My wife has a very old I-pod laying around here somewhere, but I refuse to drink the apple kool aid.
    Shazam! I'm not really complaining about the Spyder interface which is pretty good considering. I'm really complaining that it's the only one that will let me control music and give me a readout. My Spouseling's Honda won't even do that to any degree. And, if you have an old old ipod get a newer one of the touch variety because the sound is much improved over the older models. I was seriously considering adding an amp and some speakers to my Spyder until I got a Touch replacing my old Nano. The harshness I once found nearly unbearable was gone when I put the touch online. I have a 5th gen 32gb.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey