Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Sadly, we are suspending our tour for a month, due to the Coronavirus. BRP told us last night to wrap up, store the truck and trailer, and fly home! They will revisit the situation on 15 April, and let us know our course of action. If the Spyders on the Bayou rally is a go, we will ride out on our own bikes, and hang out. Ann does not wish to work, so, we are going to play!
    We are having a great time, and hope it stabilizes soon. Our puppies will be happy! Cheers! Joe
    Judging from this map, https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html, we've got at least a couple of months before it all quiets down good. Looking at the China graph it flattened out at about 1 month and the recovered number approaches the total confirmed number at about 2 months. On the one hand China took very aggressive action early on to slow down people's movements and that undoubtedly helped a lot to slow it down. The US has been a lot more lax in clamping down on movement so the slow down of one month in China could be 2 here in the US. At this moment the map shows Louisiana has 77 confirmed, 1 death, 76 active, and 0 recovered. I think I'd stay away from LA for now.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Sadly, we are suspending our tour for a month, due to the Coronavirus. BRP told us last night to wrap up, store the truck and trailer, and fly home! They will revisit the situation on 15 April, and let us know our course of action. If the Spyders on the Bayou rally is a go, we will ride out on our own bikes, and hang out. Ann does not wish to work, so, we are going to play!
    We are having a great time, and hope it stabilizes soon. Our puppies will be happy! Cheers! Joe

will this just delay your stops or cut some out to stay on schedule, curious if our west coast tour will be changed much.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Louisiana is now at 91 confirmed, 2 dead, 0 recovered, and 89 active. You sure you really want to go to Spyders on the Bayou? US numbers are now over 3200 confirmed, 62 dead, 12 recovered, all the rest active.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Don’t know yet, Bob. We are hoping the 3 stops we miss will be added to the end, after Deadwood. Of course, the Bayou is one of the ones we miss. As soon as I know, I’ll share. We had a couple we know stop by, ride, come another day, ride, and at the 3rd event, bought 2 new 2020’s! We love that! Taking people on a ride, and then seeing the joy in their faces afterwards is very rewarding.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    will this just delay your stops or cut some out to stay on schedule, curious if our west coast tour will be changed much.
    They are off for the month like us, the plan is to offer those dealers a date at the end of the tour.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

.0000097% of the US population!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Looks like Greenland is the place to be.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Hunkered down in Las Vegas. Weird. Dogs are loving it! They get to play more.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Just catching up on SpyderLovers. Congrats - as you said somewhere, 10 years 2B an overnight success! Hope to see you somewhere on this journey - whenever it takes place!

Spyder Garage

Thanks! We are planning on a trip your way when this thing blows over. I’ll let you know. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Met you guys after a long trip from Lakeland, no ride, but a nice meetup and got to do a neat walk around, ended up buying from the dealer in Eustis after a thrilling demo ride. Not much riding going on now, but sooner or later. Getting some short reach bars so Millie can be the pilot when she gets her endorsement. For sure she won't get the SpyderAnn miles, but she will drive this thing. I have yet to get this RTL in the rain, but that should be interesting. It is dusty, needs a wash job. Cheers!

Spyder Garage

are you doing any Spyder work at home right now? Or just lying low?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pretty much lying low, not much in the after mkt yet for the 2020, so I'm giving it some time to catch up, I must have some passenger arm rests, but the BRMs are gold, and not sure the swing side or fold up. Swing to side I think squeeze the passenger mount and dismount, so I gotta get more information. Some have dug into the 2020, but mentally I'm not prepared to do that yet. I can see myself pulling off Tupperware and wrecking something that cost many $, I'm thinking there will be some You Tubes out soon, so I can follow that and not screw something up. I'm letting the dealer do the 3K oil change and inspection, then I'll probably start doing the oil changes. A back rest, I think I can do without, but the first long ride will tell. I do want to get the hex oil drain plugs from LaMonster Garage to facilitate an easier oil change, but plenty of time for that. SpyderPops should b in Deland FL Syder rally in June of next year, so I'll be there spend some $.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    are you doing any Spyder work at home right now? Or just lying low?
    We did some work tge last few weeks but will be laying low for a bit.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Paul, guess that question was directed to cptjam, sorry it was posted under my comment, so I misinterpreted.

Spyder Garage

No worries Bill....it was still a good answer! Stay healthy/safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks flspyder, will try and do all the above.

Spyder Garage

From the email I got from BRP notifying us of the cacellation, it said they are cancelling the rest of the tour for this year and nothing about it coming back later in the year? Unless Joe and Ann have more info it seems the tour is done.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Hey Paul, guess that question was directed to cptjam, sorry it was posted under my comment, so I misinterpreted.
    Sorry for the confusion. I thought I had clicked "reply with quote" but I apparently I hit the wrong button. Glad to hear you are doing ok.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Sadly, we are done. If they start up another tour, we are ready! Like everyone else, we are in a holding pattern. We are taking work at home. We have done a few jobs since we got home, and have a few more lined up. If anyone needs something, call!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Sadly, we are done. If they start up another tour, we are ready! Like everyone else, we are in a holding pattern. We are taking work at home. We have done a few jobs since we got home, and have a few more lined up. If anyone needs something, call!
    Sorry to hear they've pulled the plug on the tour, but I certainly understand why. I hope BRP re-establishes the tour at some point in the future. I crossed paths with the FL guys at three different spots (ryding once), it certainly is the best way to sell a great trike. Stay healthy and safe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Flspyder, agree with that, I think they were instrumental in my purchase. I've come to the conclusion that BRP runs their own show without owner suggestions, but then I could be wrong, I'm not an insider. Who am I to question success?

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

But we are not doing any work at home until things chill out a bit.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622