Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Ive come from a Gl1800 wing due to health issues.. my Rt is as comfy as my wing was, and riding for long periods of time is the same. I do however miss 2 wheels and the filtering capabilities of a bike and would go back to 2 wheels tomorrow if I could. But the RT gives me everything I need other than having to wait behind cars for a safer place to pass... plus its slowed me down a bit

Spyder Garage

Intriguing information about different bars to re-place the TriAxis. Adjustment of driver position without having to spend $1000.00 will certainly be a plus.

As mentioned above, the salesman information which we have been going on, is not the best. Can anyone with better information about the product clarify? Does anyone have a print out of the 2020 RT manual yet?

That would be some very good information.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    It is my understanding that the 2020 RT will have the F3L handlebars. I could be wrong. I could be right.
    I sat on the 2020 Saturday; they look like the F3 bars

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I don't believe the RT has a U-fit system. I know the F3 does. Can someone clarify?

Been driving RT's since they came out in 2010. A perfect touring platform. Just bought a 2019 F3L. That also works for me. I can see all day rides on that. I did replace the seat at 700 miles with a Cannonball CrossCountry though.
    The 2020 RT will use the Same handle bars Ufit system as the F3. You have two options one long reach or a short reach bar. Part # for the 2020 RT handle bars are 219400909 and 219400910 same as for the F3.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-06-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Intriguing information about different bars to re-place the TriAxis. Adjustment of driver position without having to spend $1000.00 will certainly be a plus.

As mentioned above, the salesman information which we have been going on, is not the best. Can anyone with better information about the product clarify? Does anyone have a print out of the 2020 RT manual yet?

That would be some very good information.
    I've checked out every You Tube available on the 2020 RT, Googled it as well. I am impressed with everything I see, I think the tour pack comes with the RTL, an option with the RT, hope I'm right bout that. Anyway, I'm biting the silver bullet and wait until I read about it here of actual experience of those 2020 riders. Should be a lot to read and I look forward to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    The 2020 RT will use the Same handle bars Ufit system as the F3. You have two options one long reach or a short reach bar. Part # for the 2020 RT handle bars are 219400909 and 219400910 same as for the F3.
    To me the question is did BRP make the bars proprietary, or will normal motorcycle bars fit? That would open up the options immensely! Ape hangers on a Spyder-Go imagine... How about it F3 owners, tell us about your bars.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    How about it F3 owners, tell us about your bars.
    Not liking the height of my bars, too high, I removed the top of the clamp. I expected to see a hole and pin, but I was only half right. There is a pin in the lower part of the clamp, but there is a longish slot in the bar, allowing for movement. So I now have the bar in a better angle for me. Nice.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I rode BMWs for 32 years before moving to an RT-S in 2014. My last Beemer was an R1100RT, which at time of trade-in was 15 years old and had 73,000 miles. Not only was I starting to have knee problems, but the only BMW dealer in my state went out of business, which meant a *very* long ride (or tow) to the next nearest dealer for work.

Although the Spyder is comfortable, compared to the Beemer it will feel ponderous. Not nearly as nimble as a Beemer. This impression will be reinforced by the view from the saddle, with much more machine in your visual field. But you get used to it with time.

Replacing the crappy OEM tires will go a long way to improving the ride.

As for the stock Spyder saddle, well, after riding stock BMW saddles for three decades, I have no feeling left in my butt.

Spyder Garage

Fat Baxter "As for the stock Spyder saddle, well, after riding stock BMW saddles for three decades, I have no feeling left in my butt. " My Last BMW was a 1972 R75/5. It was like riding on a 2 x 4. My Norton Commando had a better seat. I was so disappointed. I went to a 350 Bridgestone GTR and it had a better seat.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Having watched several of the 2020 RT walkthroughs by 3 different CanAm presenters, I can confirm the it will have half the U-Fit system. The boards are around 22” long and are not adjustable, but give you far more legroom than the previous RTs. The bars are U-fit (standard, short and long), and designed specifically for the 2020, but..... your bars from your F3 will fit, but are not quite as ergonomically designed as the ones made for the 2020.
    There is more storage than the previous RT Limited, and they claim that despite its F3 looks, wind protection is enhanced over the previous RTs. The seats are longer by 2” driver and 1” passenger (might have that the wrong way round), they are wider, and they have a gel filler. They have a stiffer swaybar than previous, to reduce body roll, and you can get an even heavier duty one if you wish to reduce roll further. The Sachs shocks are heavier duty than previous. There is a long, and poorly recorded video of a walk around with Can Am staff that is very informative. I’ll see if I can find it.....
    Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I went from a 1800 Goldwing to a touring spyder. Wing trips were two up and full luggage, rides of 10-12 hours. The spyder comfort met and surpassed the Wing in all areas except power. The top end and acceleration in the Wing is really hard to beat. The Spyder is more than adequate in the area. I love the third wheel in slow heavy traffic, parking lots, and gravel roads.
    Cheers,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Having watched several of the 2020 RT walkthroughs by 3 different CanAm presenters, I can confirm the it will have half the U-Fit system. The boards are around 22” long and are not adjustable, but give you far more legroom than the previous RTs. The bars are U-fit (standard, short and long), and designed specifically for the 2030, but..... your bars from your F3 will fit, but are not quite as ergonomically designed as the ones made for the 2020.
    There is more storage than the previous RT Limited, and they claim that despite its F3 looks, wind protection is enhanced over the previous RTs. The seats are longer by 2” driver and 1” passenger (might have that the wrong way round), they are wider, amd they have a del filler. They have a stiffer swaybar than previous, to reduce body roll, and you can get an even heavier duty one if you wish to reduce roll further. The Sachs shocks are heavier duty than previous. There is a long, and poorly recorded video of a walk around with Can Am staff that is very informative. I’ll see if I can find it.....
    Pete
    I have watched the video you are referring to, and the discussion about swaybar is very confusing. I reached out to BRP to clarify exactly what swaybar will come standard with the 2020 RT Limited, and they referred me to my dealer who "is more than just a sales office". Of course said dealer is clueless. So.......does anyone know if BRP will be offering a more "heavy duty" swaybar upgrade option for the 2020's? I am leaning toward just riding whatever comes stock, see how it feels and react from there. I am just trying to understand options before I place my order. I owned many Ski Doo (BRP) snowmobiles in my life, and the dealers usually had a much better handle on the machine specs than they seem to have with the Spyders. I guess you have to give some slack since this is a new model year.

Spyder Garage

I finally had a ride in the rain. Just got a few drops on the toes of my boots and some on my face shield because my windshield is about chin high. On the freeway, I feel no wind, so I guess my F3L does a good job at weather protection and if BRP did the same for the 2020 RT, folks are going to like it.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by japgen View Post
    I have watched the video you are referring to, and the discussion about swaybar is very confusing. I reached out to BRP to clarify exactly what swaybar will come standard with the 2020 RT Limited, and they referred me to my dealer who "is more than just a sales office". Of course said dealer is clueless. So.......does anyone know if BRP will be offering a more "heavy duty" swaybar upgrade option for the 2020's? I am leaning toward just riding whatever comes stock, see how it feels and react from there. I am just trying to understand options before I place my order. I owned many Ski Doo (BRP) snowmobiles in my life, and the dealers usually had a much better handle on the machine specs than they seem to have with the Spyders. I guess you have to give some slack since this is a new model year.
    My understanding is the swaybay on the 2020 RT will be a little better than before but still have the fiber links. So you are doing the right thing by just riding with what you get and go from there. If you think you need to up grade later you can.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    My understanding is the swaybay on the 2020 RT will be a little better than before but still have the fiber links. So you are doing the right thing by just riding with what you get and go from there. If you think you need to up grade later you can.
    Japgen, my understanding is exactly the same as CopperSpyder, and I will be doing exactly the same as you and he......and you can rest assured that if the new RT bar leaves something to be desired, Sir Baja Ron (knighted for his services to Spyder handling) will once again come to the rescue

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
    Oh yeah, The R11xx series.
    ( or food if you are like me... ride to eat).
    Preach on brother!
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.