Spyder Garage

Default Need Selling Help

I have a 2016 F3T SE6 that is loaded with extra Farkles. It has 5,700 miles and two years left on extended warranty. What is the best way to determine what to sell it for? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Need Help Selling Advice

Here are pics of my 2016 F3T SE6 I’m trying to sell,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

one way is kellybluebook.com
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Extra farkles are nice but don't generally add value for a prospective purchaser. Your transferable warranty and low miles do add value. I'm not a big fan of using Kelly or Blue Book for establishing your sales price. There is usually just not enough regional data to get real good information for Spyder sales. Take a look on Craigs List and this forum for vehicles being sold. See what asking prices are and then look to see which vehicles are actually selling and for what price. Remember, what you paid and how much additional you put into the Spyder has absolutely no effect on it's value today. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I would think the BRP Top Case and the Trailer hitch would’ve add some value?

Spyder Garage

Cycle Trader has some good numbers to review as well, and they have regional type settings too. They will give you a good idea of what you are looking at nationwide. Avoid buying services, they are no better than pawn shops (RumbleOn) as they only give you trade in value at best, less a percentage too. And other posts are correct on the Farkles. They do not help with value, that is largely determined and estimated off the VIN number where all the STOCK options will be listed and be able to add value to the trike. If you are patient, private sales will net you more money.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

I would sell the trailer separately myself, other trikes can use the Freedom line trailer, and I have heard there is some demand on those. The BRP Top Case will help IF it was on the bike when it rolled off the show room floor, or you can document it was added at a dealer.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    I have a 2016 F3T SE6 that is loaded with extra Farkles. It has 5,700 miles and two years left on extended warranty. What is the best way to determine what to sell it for? Thanks
    Not all " T " models had the radio …. so does yours ???? ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes it has the radio

Spyder Garage

Yes it has the radio
    For some people (like me) that is important. Not having a radio would be a deal-killer for me. I like to crank up the tunes when riding. And, a well cranked up stereo is better than deer whistles for avoiding Bamby..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Seems like the NADA average between and high and low retail is a fair private seller price. If the farkles are listed in NADA or KBB then feel free to incorporate into the price. If not then they are really just a sweetener to a quicker sale. Ive been looking and your moto “on average” seems to be in the $15k-16k range. Hope this is of some help.

Spyder Garage

Understand that a dealer will probably offer you $11,000.00 in trade so go from there (that would be an average wholesale price).

That particular trailer won’t add much to the wholesale price.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I would think the BRP Top Case and the Trailer hitch would’ve add some value?
    I would think the top case with rear speakers would add some value to the bike. Generally about $.50 on the dollar. As far as the trailer hitch adding value to the bike it really doesn't especially if the buyer is not planning to pull a trailer.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go to a dealer and see what they will give you for it and if you decide to sell to a private party add 3-5 k to the price. Also shop around on cycle trader as suggested. Gives you an idea of pricing in your area too.

Spyder Garage

Take the farkles off and sell them out right that's the only way they'll add value, they will help with resale though!

Spyder Garage

OOOOHHHHHH..................
    You want advice on how to sell your Spyder.
    From the title, I thought you were looking for help on how to sell your advice.
    If we knew the answer to that one, us know-it-alls would be freakin' BILLIONAIRES.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

If you look at the for sale ads on the site, you will see that the items that sell are:

Priced in that magic spot between trade in and low retail.

Farkles usually go for 50% to nothing depending on what they are. One persons "bling" is not necessarily another's.

Ads with 500 or more looks and no replies are common here. It is usually the asking price that is to high. The site has many knowledgeable people. They know what a used Spyder is worth and recognize a good deal when they see it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red