Spyder Garage

Default Longest ride on your Ryker?

Just curious... what’s the longest ride/trip you have taken on your Ryker?
    Currently I’ve only done around 60 miles round trip.
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

4,300 miles, 9 days. Indianapolis to Monument Valley, Arizona and back. Lovely ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

462 mile day ride.

Spyder Garage

I really don't keep track of mileage, I often put a thousand miles in a week. I know some rides are 3 tank fulls of gas. Every mile has been fun.

Spyder Garage

I left my home in NC on Aug. 27th and returned on Sept. 24th. Rode to California for the NorCal Spyder rally on my F3-S. I rode a total of 7,988 miles and went thru 18 states. My trip of a lifetime!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I'm a little embarrassed that my longest day has only been about 350 miles. 700 mile days were easy on my BMW GS and my longest day was 909 miles. However, by the end of the 909 mile day I was seeing bunnies running across the road where I do not think there were bunnies.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

705 miles 1 day Ryker 900 ace with the rally seat. Removed the stock seat

Spyder Garage

A little traveling music to go with your ride.

https://youtu.be/6nhLWymOZBs

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

870 miles in one very long day. GA to PA

Spyder Garage

we Ryde most time in the Austrian Alps or on the Italian coast .. maximum is 8 hours per day - thats only 350 miles on roads like this here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLp3N-R79M
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I bought my Ryker Rally late autumn, and only got chance for a few rides. Longest was around 130 miles.
    Nice to see others getting some impressively long trips on their Rykers, I sure will do some attempts to get on the highscore list this coming season! Im shopping new clothing etc now, so as soon as the spring weather arrives Im all set

Spyder Garage

Just got our Rykers and took a 90mile run yesterday so far since we picked them up last Friday between rain showers I've gotten 300mi so far as weather improves will be doing a lot more.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I left my home in NC on Aug. 27th and returned on Sept. 24th. Rode to California for the NorCal Spyder rally on my F3-S. I rode a total of 7,988 miles and went thru 18 states. My trip of a lifetime!
    It sure was great to see you out here for the rally! Thanks a lot for making the trip!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

329 last Sunday.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I highly considered picking up a Ryker Rally to ease the growing miles on my Victory Vision but the one turn-off for me was the lack of storage anywhere. I like to keep my list of necessities with me to be ready for whatever - and I like to travel a lot. I just couldn't get past the lack of storage. Now I see SlingMods has a setup that might help with that and Lamonster has a rack set-up but you have to pick your own bags I think. I ultimately landed on a '15 F3S instead (frunk and added bags).

I'm super impressed by some of you that have been traveling on your Rykers and would love to see pictures of your set-ups. I love the shaft drive of the Ryker - and it was an awesome ride when I did the demo.

Keep enjoying those Rykers and breaking the "bar hopper" stereotype of them.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On the Ryker you can now buy a LinQ plate which means there are A LOT of BRP accessories that will "Linq" onto the Ryker. There are specific Ryker LinQ accessories but there are also LinQ accessories from the ATV and Snowmobiles that will fit on the Ryker. You could mount coolers, large, medium, small storage bags, gas cans, guns, chainsaws, snowboards, combinations of things (like a gas can and storage bag or multiple storage bags...all kinds of stuff.

If you ride a Ryker solo then there is no need to worry about having enough storage space. There are plenty of BRP and aftermarket options.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I highly considered picking up a Ryker Rally to ease the growing miles on my Victory Vision but the one turn-off for me was the lack of storage anywhere. I like to keep my list of necessities with me to be ready for whatever - and I like to travel a lot. I just couldn't get past the lack of storage. Now I see SlingMods has a setup that might help with that and Lamonster has a rack set-up but you have to pick your own bags I think. I ultimately landed on a '15 F3S instead (frunk and added bags).

I'm super impressed by some of you that have been traveling on your Rykers and would love to see pictures of your set-ups. I love the shaft drive of the Ryker - and it was an awesome ride when I did the demo.

I love the idea to change in 2 minutes from naked to the touring version .. still runs perfect !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

The farthest I have gone is about 260
    miles round trip. I’m thinking I should have asked how much time
    Spent on a ride bs distance. That ride took 4 hours one way with my wife because we took mainly back roads instead of highway.

The ride was relatively comfortable with the comfort drivers seat and comfort passenger seat with backrest, except I had a backpack on which got uncomfortable and the handlebars need to be pulled back a bit. So I have the 3-piece luggage system ordered and I will be putting 2” risers on the bars for a more relaxed ride.

I’m going to be putting floor boards with highway pegs and considering swapping out the OEM windshield with either Madstad or F4’s windshield.
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post

I agree- I’m eagerly watching the Sling Mod storage solution for the Ryker. The bike is a dark horse choice for purchase in 2020- the more research I do the more I’m convinced in less than a few years we’ll see a better final drive option for a Spyder equivalent and maybe other OEMs joining the market. I would rather not over buy right now. I think an F3 variant or Ryker is in my near future and probably used.

Spyder Garage

96 miles. Considering my normal trip is in the 25 to 40 range, that was a long trip for me. That was about 5 hours nonstop riding.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

How is that windshield for protection? Looks very interesting and priced right....does it come complete with the bar attachments?

Spyder Garage

How is Ryker for wind protection on the legs? First and foremost IMO for touring any distance is comfort, second storage capacity, I have sat on a Ryker in the dealership and thought that my legs were right out there for wind rain and bugs. I saw the upper fairing from BRP and thought thats a step in the right touring direction and the 3 piece luggage set offered by Spyder Extras is a good move all though those plastic hinges will be problematic. Is there anything out there that offers better leg protection?

Spyder Garage

I have ridden my Rally model relatively frequently in the rain. My observation is that the Can-am engineers did a very good job of designing the front fenders. The little tabs at the bottom of the fender direct most of the spray away from the driver. Because of the feet first riding position of the pegs (as adjusted for me) most of the spray I do get is on the bottom of my boots. The shape of the hood offers some protection for my legs when hugging the tank and I did not experience much problem during grasshopper season last summer.

An upgraded wind screen is important as the stock screen offers little protection and is very noisy at highway speed.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow