Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RS-S Upper Console

Sorry for such a mundane question but I have a new-to-me 2012 RS-S. How does one remove the upper console? I got the gauge cluster off but am stuck with the upper console. Yes, I searched w/no success and looking at parts diagrams was no help.

Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Not sure what your end game is but I hope it's worth the effort...

You have to take the mirrors and windshield off , at this point you remove the wiring harness the goes to the mirrors and head lights from the internal console support, which includes disconnecting the headlight pods. At this point its easier if you remove the console as an assembly. 2 bolts aft under the fuel tank cover and two black bolts forward of the console but aft of the frunk release location. Once this is removed a work bench comes in handy. Now you will need to remove the headlight pods 3 bolts each . Next, you need to remove those 6? plastic push plugs on the console support rail and a bolt dead center that attaches to the headlight bezel, this may require special tools or contortionist skills. Once you have the console support rail free, let it drop the the work surface, and now I believe there are 3 locking clip tabs along the seam of the lower and upper console. Be careful this become flimsy upon separation.

Good luck
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Thanks, CoolSpyder2014! End game is to refinish the headlight surround which has some corrosion--thinking about a wrinkle. semi-gloss finish. I'll let you know how it goes.

Spyder Garage

Success! Never could have done it without your help, CoolSpyder2014. Thanks again! Had to loosen frunk attachments to get metal support to clear and still had probs with the upper console attachment points. I've attached a pic. You must insert a small screwdriver or pin to release the slip locks attaching the top to the bottom console. Keep in mind this hole is only about 2mm in diameter. spyder.jpg

Spyder Garage

You are very welcome, I forgot about the screwdriver part at that point disassembly went quickly. I took my RS apart to be carbon fiber overlaid. Just a heads up at this point regardless if you need to or not, replace your head light bulbs, it will save you a headache later. Peace
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed