Wondering if anyone else has seen this.

in changing insurance companies recently, I noted our 2014 RTL SE6 1330CC machine was shown as a RTL SM5 998CC. The VIN number is OK. In looking back at my prior policy I noticed it was the same error and the VIN is OK. Alright, my bad for the past.

I called my agent/broker for help in getting this corrected for this new policy as I didn't want any issues in the future if something should happen, and this is where the element of surprise comes in.

He explained The database that all agencies use for qualifying ANY vehicle is based on the manufactures' input into a master database "somewhere". The only people who can change it is the company that submitted the original data. He ran the VIN as we spoke and sure enough it shows the "wrong" info !

Sometimes keeping what looks like useless information about your vehicles and factory contacts pays off. In the early days of ownership, for some reason, I had asked BRP to send me info on the actual build of this Spyder. I have that info on their transmittal and sure enough it shows correctly what is on the unit. My agent and I are now "hoping" this will satisfy the underwriters and a policy with correct model info will be forthcoming.

Makes me wonder if any other owners have the same type issue and don't know it.