Thread: Mirror Removal

Spyder Garage

Default Mirror Removal

Will the mirrors on 2020 RTs have to be removed to take off body panels?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    Will the mirrors on 2020 RTs have to be removed to take off body panels?
    Yes, here is one of many youtube videos on how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVulKP4_GaU
    2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No one has seen one in the wild yet.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    Yes, here is one of many youtube videos on how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVulKP4_GaU
    OP is asking about the 2020's, this is NOT a 2020, they are redesigned with LED lights, and many other differences. who knows yet about the mirrors being same or different???
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to the 2020 model. Hoping BRP made many modifications to the way it is maintained. The near complete disassembly of the bike just to change a light bulb is annoying to say the least.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think the mirrors are a lot different on the 2020. They put access panels for a lot of items like the air filter, coolant, Buds hookup, etc you can remove with out remove other panels. you can look at the manual here http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...e-d8deeee38198 this for the 2020 RT, top left Select one, click roadster, than 2020, than RT you will get the pdf file.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-02-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

We saw one at the Roadwarrior event in Florida in November. Just a quick look, as we were very busy. Spyderpops got to ride it. He said he liked it. Looks good!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I think the mirrors are a lot different on the 2020. They put access panels for a lot of items like the air filter, coolant, Buds hookup, etc you can remove with out remove other panels. you can look at the manual here http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...e-d8deeee38198 this for the 2020 RT, top left Select one, click roadster, than 2020, than RT you will get the pdf file.
    Thanks , the only thing I found about the 2020 mirrors was a pic of FOUR dots on the glass face that you can push to adjust what you see in the mirror ….ie. angle adjustment ….. this appears to be the same for every other RT made so far ….. Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's nigh impossible to accurately interpret the parts diagrams but it looks like you will need to remove the side panels for anything other than basic maintenance like oil checks which you do by removing the service panels. Best I can tell the mirrors will have to come off to remove the console panels (or is it structure and braces?) but not necessarily to remove the side panels. I have no idea about other panels and how they're interlinked.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We saw one at the Roadwarrior event in Florida in November. Just a quick look, as we were very busy. Spyderpops got to ride it. He said he liked it. Looks good!
    Yes sir, it was there. Got to see it also. Did not really focus on removing bodywork panels. At a guess though, it may still require some disassembly to gain access.

As for the headlight bulbs though, hopefully they last a long time being as they are LED.