Spyder Garage

Default Ordered RT Ltd - Awaiting arrival date

Ha! New member here! Ordered last Saturday. Part of the “fine print” in the list price is the setup charge, which looks to be 6 hours or so in my case (based on an hourly rate of $165 per). Do they really take that much effort? Or should one feel uplifted they spent that amount of time? Or did I make the Bosses’ boat payment for the next (several) months? Anyway, can’t wait to get it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Green with Envy my friend is all I can say
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Askitee, Thanx take care ��!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 rtl

Good luck, and now a little wait time. My dealer said A 2020 RTL may arrive about January 31......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

LB, Hmmm...my salesman was a newbie (his response to the length of warranty: 6 months ��) and he said it would be about a week, week-and-half! Of course he was supposed to call me back Monday and that didn’t happen...grrrrr. Anyway you have the good color BTW �� .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SCWSpyder View Post
    Ha! New member here! Ordered last Saturday. Part of the “fine print” in the list price is the setup charge, which looks to be 6 hours or so in my case (based on an hourly rate of $165 per). Do they really take that much effort? Or should one feel uplifted they spent that amount of time? Or did I make the Bosses’ boat payment for the next (several) months? Anyway, can’t wait to get it!
    Set up charges are a negotiable item. I would not pay extra for them as a line item. I am sure they are already hidden in part of the MSRP number.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

AR, Yeah...I suppose everything is negotiable, based on local markets. I think I must live around too many well-off people ��. .

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

LB, Hmmm...my salesman was a newbie (his response to the length of warranty: 6 months ��) and he said it would be about a week, week-and-half! Of course he was supposed to call me back Monday and that didn’t happen...grrrrr. Anyway you have the good color BTW �� .
    I think what the dealer was trying to say was you will get your 2020 RT with in 6 months and your warrantee will start then and it will be for two years because you preordered.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Ha! I’m going to drop in later today for an update. We’ll see.

Spyder Garage

Delivery date TBD; use multi-page calendar and hour glass or sun dial.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

good for you!!!!!
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, I called the customer service “on road expert” at Can Am. He says you can have the dealer submit an “ETA Request Form,” which is supposed to answer any delivery questions. So I asked my friendly salesman to have the boss do so...to see if a date appears in 2 days. Dealer also said delivery was based on color with red being longest: customer service didn’t indicate that ��.

Spyder Garage

Well, I called the customer service “on road expert” at Can Am. He says you can have the dealer submit an “ETA Request Form,” which is supposed to answer any delivery questions. So I asked my friendly salesman to have the boss do so...to see if a date appears in 2 days. Dealer also said delivery was based on color with red being longest: customer service didn’t indicate that ��.
    Dealer is the same information supplier that gave you a "line" previously.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

What?! You mean...I could perhaps be...or actually am...being manipulated ��!!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

patience grasshopper, good things come to those who wait. In the mean time read the manual so you will be ready to pick the bike up and ride knowing where the controls are. 2020 RT manual http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...d-fc457802d728 On the left side where it says "Select One" click on that and the click on "Roadster" then click on "2020" now click on "Spyder 2020 RT" you will see a PDF file show up below "Operators Guide" click on that. you can save a copy to your hard drive if you like also so you don't have to keep going back to the site all the time. Read it often so you will be ready when it gets here, looks like you have time, but you are a lucky one for sure.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-03-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

What?! You mean...I could perhaps be...or actually am...being manipulated ��!!
    Nah! Your smarter than that, just don't tell the dealer. Play him like a violin.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Remember as a pre order before the end of January you get an extra year of warranty. Make sure they give it too you.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Did you have to provide a down payment? If so, is it refundable? I'd be tempted to pre-order, but since I can't see the exact features/colors in person, I'm just not sure.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Say thanx for Owner manual! And yes the Xtra warranty I had to “remind” them of that: said I wasn’t asking for it, Can Am was offering it; then their memory got clearer. And yes for a down payment, or deposit in their parlance. If I was as smart as several members of this forum I would have clarified if said deposit was refundable, but I think local laws require it to be so. And of course I forgot my checkbook so my offer of a $50 cash deposit was denied (they took much more on charge card). Sooo, still waiting (grasshopper).