Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slingmods

Spyder Garage

Default Slingmods

Has anyone checked out or dealt with slingmods.com? They have some awesome accessories on their. The stereo system and 3 bag luggage system look good!

Spyder Garage

I have their night rider light, no issues and fast shipping

Spyder Garage

I have several things from them. Great customer service.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphcycleman View Post
    Has anyone checked out or dealt with slingmods.com? They have some awesome accessories on their. The stereo system and 3 bag luggage system look good!
    cueman

Why can’t I find the 3 bag system on their website? Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Spyder Garage

I liked and bought their arc combo for and DRL lights. Good customer service, questions answered, quality hardware and plug and play.
    I would buy from them again.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Couldn't find the three piece luggage combo either, nice frunk removable luggage from Hopnel.

Spyder Garage

I dealt with them, very good to deal with. How you doing Triumphcycleman?

Spyder Garage

I just logged onto their site and it’s right there for $699 preorder. Try either using a laptop or I pad. Look at “all items for Ryker”. Take the time to read the installation instructions. It has some good pictures

Spyder Garage

Really good thanks! Healthy, finally

Spyder Garage

Great customer service and quality products.

Spyder Garage

Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
    Great customer service and quality products.
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That 3 piece luggage package looks fantastic and at a great price.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

They originally said last month that they were going to be offering that as a 2 tier option. You could get the side bags or the tail bag and then add on with the other option at a later time. Now it looks like its a one and done set up.
    Not crazy about that.

Spyder Garage

I am saving my allowance to buy the fender lights and new flashing tail lights.

Spyder Garage

I have a few items from them. Fast service and no problems.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Many good products but a word of caution; the new convex mirrors are almost impossible to remove once installed. The entire back side is covered with double side tape. I recommend removing about half of it before installation which leaves plenty to hold it. It is a good product but be sure that it's really what you want before installing. It just didn't work for me but that is not a criticism of the product.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rakerrykerrider View Post
    Many good products but a word of caution; the new convex mirrors are almost impossible to remove once installed. The entire back side is covered with double side tape. I recommend removing about half of it before installation which leaves plenty to hold it. It is a good product but be sure that it's really what you want before installing. It just didn't work for me but that is not a criticism of the product.
    I was planning on getting them this Spring. I already have Lamonsters above-the-handlebar mirrors which I use the majority of the time and love. But I kept the stock bar end mirrors on for extra viewing angles. I think adding the convex mirrors onto those will be perfect.

Spyder Garage

Glad your doing well, Triumphcycleman.

Spyder Garage

Never purchased from Slingmods. When the website first appeared, and it seems this way still, Slingmods is not making items, but rather is an online shop for other companies products.

Is there any advantage to purchasing from Slingmods vs any of the other vendors that sell the same items?

Spyder Garage

I bought Fog lights and LED headlights they are a good company. Only slight issue I had was with some of the install videos/instructions were on an older model but it stated it was fully compatible with my model. I have a 2019 F3 and had to make some minor modifications for the installs, not a big deal though. I will still buy products from them.
    2017 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tec35 View Post
    I bought Fog lights and LED headlights they are a good company. Only slight issue I had was with some of the install videos/instructions were on an older model but it stated it was fully compatible with my model. I have a 2019 F3 and had to make some minor modifications for the installs, not a big deal though. I will still buy products from them.
    I hope you notified them about that shortcoming. Otherwise, they may never change those instructions.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Never purchased from Slingmods. When the website first appeared, and it seems this way still, Slingmods is not making items, but rather is an online shop for other companies products.

Is there any advantage to purchasing from Slingmods vs any of the other vendors that sell the same items?
    Slingmods might (does on many) sell the items for less than msrp from the mfr, where as the mfr "shouldn't" undercut their vendors. They also tend to skip/omit some things from their install videos. This can make the install look easier than it actually is. I found this 2x so far..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Slingmods might (does on many) sell the items for less than msrp from the mfr, where as the mfr "shouldn't" undercut their vendors. They also tend to skip/omit some things from their install videos. This can make the install look easier than it actually is. I found this 2x so far..
    That's interesting. I've found their "magic mirrors" and LED headlight installation videos to be very thorough, with accurate and detailed descriptions, and very well produced. What am I missing? Apparently I haven't seen any of their "skip/omit" videos.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    That's interesting. I've found their "magic mirrors" and LED headlight installation videos to be very thorough, with accurate and detailed descriptions, and very well produced. What am I missing? Apparently I haven't seen any of their "skip/omit" videos.
    I think it depends on what year model you have. Troop and I have 2019 F3's and he helped me out on issue I had with the headlights install video. There is a bolt on the 19 nose piece that is not on the 18.You have to take off additional panels to get the nose piece off. Also for the ARC fog lights the switch did not fit in the dash (had to make hole larger)and could not fit the 3rd washer to bolt on the fog lights because the frame is in the way. However, these are just minor issues and I was able get them installed, just took some extra time and help from the great people on this forum..Thank you!!!
    2017 F3 limited , Black