Spyder Garage

Default 5,000+ miles. What’s Next

So, I haven’t posted in awhile, but I had a really good year with the Ryker. Not a problem to be had from her, I put 5,000 on her, 3,000 on my Triumph, and 1,800 on my sv650. What’s on it? Windscreen, heated grips, lighted handguards, led headlights, rear seat, backrest, rear saddlebag. What’s next? I am going to the 3 bag rear luggage system offered aftermarket, adding an auxiliary fuel tank to increase my fuel range, and I might add some sort of cruise control.
    What I’d like to add is a clutch kit that drops 1,000-1,500 off the rpm at 70+mph. Sooner or later someone will come out with it,lol.
    Ramblings.... the way I ride it I get 30mpg. The tire wear is almost non existent so far which is really great. I spend a ton of time between 65-85 mph. It is very, very comfortable to ride below 100mph. It makes me smile every time I ride it. The rear taillights really aren’t very visible. I am pretty darn happy with it. It was my dealership sale retirement keeper for me and I am glad I chose it. My other thought was keeping an F3 but I really love the light, raw, firm nature of it (I prefer naked sport bikes and dual sport bikes). Planning a trip or two for next summer

Spyder Garage

I also have almost 5000 on my rally and still love it. Do agree about it would be nice to drop the rpms at cruising speed. I will be adding sling mods SSV audio system before I ride it to Florida in march.

Spyder Garage

You have to check out my post from last spring when I rode from PA to GA in wicked weather

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by njfishfan View Post
    I also have almost 5000 on my rally and still love it. Do agree about it would be nice to drop the rpms at cruising speed. I will be adding sling mods SSV audio system before I ride it to Florida in march.
    There are all kinds of upgrades and conversion kits for the other Can-Am CVT vehicles. Not sure if any of them would work on our CVT system. But even if they won't. I would say we might see some mods for our CVT if the Ryker takes off and sells well.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Great to hear the information on miles on the Ryker. It sounds like you folks are having a good time with it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphcycleman View Post
    So, I haven’t posted in awhile, but I had a really good year with the Ryker. Not a problem to be had from her, I put 5,000 on her, 3,000 on my Triumph, and 1,800 on my sv650. What’s on it? Windscreen, heated grips, lighted handguards, led headlights, rear seat, backrest, rear saddlebag. What’s next? I am going to the 3 bag rear luggage system offered aftermarket, adding an auxiliary fuel tank to increase my fuel range, and I might add some sort of cruise control.
    What I’d like to add is a clutch kit that drops 1,000-1,500 off the rpm at 70+mph. Sooner or later someone will come out with it,lol.
    Ramblings.... the way I ride it I get 30mpg. The tire wear is almost non existent so far which is really great. I spend a ton of time between 65-85 mph. It is very, very comfortable to ride below 100mph. It makes me smile every time I ride it. The rear taillights really aren’t very visible. I am pretty darn happy with it. It was my dealership sale retirement keeper for me and I am glad I chose it. My other thought was keeping an F3 but I really love the light, raw, firm nature of it (I prefer naked sport bikes and dual sport bikes). Planning a trip or two for next summer
    Another 5,000 and keep going. Outside of suspension I don't anything I would see as a upgrade( except for the HWY101 sticker I put on the front) In the old days you really could increase performance. With all the computers I am not sure any upgrade is worth it unless you just like it. My 9000 is fast enough for me, the only thing I would like is a real horn and caution lights. For some reason everything else suits me fine. Just keeping having FUN.

Spyder Garage

I picked up a "real horn" from NAPA for about $12 and it was an easy swap out. The little road runner beep just didn't cut it and was kind of embarrassing, to be honest with you. I wanted to install an air horn but didn't want to mess around with the limited space under the hood. I know some have installed it, but it appeared to be cramped and in the way of accessing other parts in the engine area.

Spyder Garage

I bought horn from Amazon for $5.99 including shipping sounds 80% louder then OEM. Best of all, it was plug and play.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can you post a link? cueman

Spyder Garage

Price went up from the last time I purchase this item.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DINKPQ..._UpZfEbD4GCGMB

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you my friend, did you need to install a relay with the horn? cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Thank you my friend, did you need to install a relay with the horn? cueman
    No relay. Just take the old one out plug the new one in. It was simple, also you don't have to worry about passitive and negative. Just plug the wires in how ever the way you want.

Spyder Garage

The first mod that I made on my 600 was to install a pair of horns, from Slingmods. Nice and loud.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphcycleman View Post
    Is your Ryker a 600 or 900? I might have missed it. Also, what is your normal fuel range for a full tank?

Spyder Garage

I just reached 5000 miles. Riding locally it's fine. But on the highway its pretty jumpy so I don't go there. Overall, I liked my F3 better. But this is what I have for now.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

It’s a 900. I get 150 miles to the fuel light, always around 30 mpg running it pretty hard
    D