Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

No solid info from BRP yet, just posting what happened. The original BRP contact that resulted in an error did go through and I received a repply:
    “Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP with your inquiry regarding 2017 Can Am Spyder.
    In response to your request, if your unit has a Acoustic Panel, we would need your VIN number to look into this matter further.
    Also, As you may know, our dealers are more than just sales people; they're the best positioned people to help you with most of your requests, as they are not only technically knowledgeable, but have a lot of information on hand at the dealership. I would recommend that you to get to know them better so they can help make your riding experiences unforgettable.
    Based on the zip code provided, here are your 3 nearest authorized dealers...”

I replied back with the VIN number and this is their response:
    “Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP with your inquiry regarding Can Am Spyder.
    In response to your request, please find attached the spec sheet for your unit.
    We also noticed that the ownership on your vehicle would need to be put in your name. We do require the following.
    - Your complete mailing address and phone number
    - The serial number of the vehicle (VIN)
    - Proof of purchase or of ownership (bill of sale*, title or registration)
    Note: the bill of sale doesn't have to be a formal document. You and the seller can draw one up on a piece of paper, but it must include both the seller's and buyer's names and signatures, as well as the unit's serial number. “

I replied back asking again for the Acoustic panel information (while the Spec sheet is an advertisement pamphlet). I did not submit any of my info as I am already a registered owner since the day one (and I stated that). I didn’t hear back since December 30, 2019. I am not sure at this point if I will receive any information from the BRP identifying if the panel should be included or not.

I did my own research on the BRP’s site https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...ts-iframe.html ;
    02- Air Intake - All Models sheet and this sheet shows the ‘450 707800697 RH Acoustic Shell Foam’ present, please see the screenshot.

2017 RT .jpg
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Think they are just trying to make sure you own the vehicle. As they do not know if it was stolen etc. Give them the info they need and you may get a response. If not take it to the dealer ..

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INfox View Post
    No solid info from BRP yet, just posting what happened.

I replied back with the VIN number and this is their response:
    “Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP with your inquiry regarding Can Am Spyder.
    It's possible no human has actually read your email, except maybe just enough to select "Response 34z" and hit send. You may be exchanging emails with a computer which is why you don't get a human like answer that addresses your questions directly.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

2017 to 2019 RT do not have acoustic panels. They get the metal struts that originally came out in the 2013 heat recall kit.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame