Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Mid 50’s forecast here the end of this week. Think my January ride is going to come early. To warm to ski.
    Good skiing here in northern Nevada at 8200 ft ( base elevation of Mt Rose ski resort--- highest in the Sierras) Bluebird days between storms.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

So I put almost 500 miles on over christmas and New Years break. Left house and headed south a bit towards Pittsburg and Ohio side away from the lake each day. Normally I am on the snowmobile putting 500 miles on but hey I wanted to ride and they spyder was great. I even took a ride last Monday Along Lake Erie (Snow belt area) What a strange winter. I was rubbing it in my buddies faces while they sat in their garages looking at their sleds. We are getting a ton of rain today and tomorrow and as long as you stay off the interstates where they drop that acid brine we are ok. This rain will wash everything away on the back roads. I simply spray it down on the the motorcycle lift after each ride. I am not a “look forward” on the forecast type of guy but I looked anyway. I think I will be riding again in 2 weeks. This will be a strange winter if I am looking forward to riding the spyder every other week instead of the sleds. Here’s to the next melt down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Not quite 500 miles but did have have a good afternoon riding around town. Quite a few bikes out today in 55 degree weather. Doesn’t happen very often on the 4th of January around here.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My wife and I managed to keep our tradition of a New Year's Day ride here in northern NV. Rain threatened, but we went anyway, had a good brunch and beat the rain home... then put our poor Spyder back on life support!

Could have ridden this week but the flu bug decided that wasn't gonna happen.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

Till late December, any day it’s over freezing point and roads are dry, I put on my snowmobile suit and helmet and I’m on the road!
    But now I think I should winterize my Limo! 😂

Spyder Garage

Keep on enjoying life!��

Spyder Garage

Much like pegasus1300 in the Western Slope region of Colorado we are right on the verge of the January thaw. I also live in a canyon (at the bottom). The southern wall of the canyon makes a solid shadow for 6 weeks. You have no idea how frustrating it can be living in a shadow for 6 weeks, and its ALWAYS cold in the shade....lol

We got the sun back this week with the higher sun and longer days. We are supposed to be in the 40's next week. I will be doing one last strip of the trike skins for the warps I acquired, but other than that I am ready. I have a few items to add before spring is finally here, but I am SOOOOOO ready to ride this year. The short trips to the PO and town errands arent cutting it.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Much like pegasus1300 in the Western Slope region of Colorado we are right on the verge of the January thaw. I also live in a canyon (at the bottom). The southern wall of the canyon makes a solid shadow for 6 weeks. You have no idea how frustrating it can be living in a shadow for 6 weeks, and its ALWAYS cold in the shade....lol

We got the sun back this week with the higher sun and longer days. We are supposed to be in the 40's next week. I will be doing one last strip of the trike skins for the warps I acquired, but other than that I am ready. I have a few items to add before spring is finally here, but I am SOOOOOO ready to ride this year. The short trips to the PO and town errands arent cutting it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    So I put almost 500 miles on over christmas and New Years break. Left house and headed south a bit towards Pittsburg and Ohio side away from the lake each day. Normally I am on the snowmobile putting 500 miles on but hey I wanted to ride and they spyder was great. I even took a ride last Monday Along Lake Erie (Snow belt area) What a strange winter. I was rubbing it in my buddies faces while they sat in their garages looking at their sleds. We are getting a ton of rain today and tomorrow and as long as you stay off the interstates where they drop that acid brine we are ok. This rain will wash everything away on the back roads. I simply spray it down on the the motorcycle lift after each ride. I am not a “look forward” on the forecast type of guy but I looked anyway. I think I will be riding again in 2 weeks. This will be a strange winter if I am looking forward to riding the spyder every other week instead of the sleds. Here’s to the next melt down.
    While the Spyder is fun it's still doesn't have the rush of banging miles on a sled, so far I have a 1,000 miles on the Cat this season
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Jan 11 upstate ny rode 100 miles. 60 degrees. Who would have thought

Spyder Garage

Well today, I am chipping the ice ridge away from my Car Port entrance, so the Can Am is coming out....I just need some wind, even a short amount will do today.

Spyder Garage

Wind therapy is good. We had some frost on the grass and the car this AM. Now at 40 degrees and climbing. Hoping to get in a ride later this PM. It is supposed to make the low 50's later.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-13-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Are there any Spyder riders in the Las Vegas area?
    2014 RT L Lightin' LeeRoy
    1980 CM 400A
    1982 CM 450A
    [/SIGPIC]Lightnin' LeeRoy

Spyder Garage

Yes----- but I'm not one of them. Maybe post up a new thread, there's a more likely chance they will see it. There is a map somewhere that may show where ryders are located ------- If not ------ maybe the moderators could come up with one.

Lew L

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Spyder Garage

I think we have you covered. Go to Forum tab, click down to almost the bottom and the clubs are listed by state.

Here is a link: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...r-Riding-Clubs
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-13-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I think we have you covered. Go to Forum tab, click down to almost the bottom and the clubs are listed by state.

Here is a link: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...r-Riding-Clubs
    Well I hope that helps lightin LeeRoy------- But an actual map might be better for him. At least he should start a new thread.

Spyder Garage

So back the the wind therapy part of this thread----------

Took the Spyder out today 50* or so but WINDY. Storm is coming in. As I got home my NEW TricLED fender light on the rt side stopped signaling. Traced the wire to the wheel area and it got torn lose and apart. Fixed and put on many zip ties. All is good.

Lew L