Spyder Garage

Default Walker transportation?

Happy Holidays everyone. Thank you LaMonster for this forum.
    I get along with my Spyder and cane. Any real walking (if you can call it that) requires a walker. I've seen posts about walkers but no actual solution on how to cary on a Spyder. I do have a trunk luggage rack. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    2014 RT-SE6
    Akrapovic Sport Touring 3C Silencer
    High Mount Third Brake Light
    Kuryakyn Black ISO Motorcycle Grips
    LaMonster Spyderdock
    LED’s everywhere!
    Russell Day-Long w/ Backrest
    Seal Floorboards
    Spyderpops Bump Skid
    Spyderpops KOTT Grill (Keep Out The Trash)
    Squared Away Alignment

Riding taught me why dogs stick their heads out the window!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by martiniman View Post
    I get along with my Spyder and cane. Any real walking (if you can call it that) requires a walker. I've seen posts about walkers but no actual solution on how to cary on a Spyder. I do have a trunk luggage rack. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Probably a rack that mounts to trailer hitch, folding walker would help. Another thread looking for a golf bag carrier maybe helpful

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm guessing you may ride 2up sometimes, so securing your walker crossways on the passenger seat is not always an option. Correct? If so then there's ways to strengthen your trunk rack to possibly carry the weight of your walker. If I recall they don't weigh much do they?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I'm guessing you may ride 2up sometimes, so securing your walker crossways on the passenger seat is not always an option. Correct? If so then there's ways to strengthen your trunk rack to possibly carry the weight of your walker. If I recall they don't weigh much do they?
    You are correct....pretty much always 2 up. I have a heavy duty walker, but today as a matter of fact, I was going to get a very light weight one specifically for this purpose. I don't have a trailer hitch......yet......but some kind of rack on a sturdy hitch seems the way to go.
    Thanks!
    2014 RT-SE6
    LaMonster Spyderdock
    LED’s everywhere!
    Seal Floorboards
    Spyderpops Bump Skid
    Squared Away Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are correct....pretty much always 2 up. I have a heavy duty walker, but today as a matter of fact, I was going to get a very light weight one specifically for this purpose. I don't have a trailer hitch......yet......but some kind of rack on a sturdy hitch seems the way to go.
    Thanks!
    Ah Ha, great idea. Get the light weight walker for traveling purposes. You can beef up your trunk rack if you wish, by reattaching it with fender washers and rubber grommets. They will provide greater support to avoid cracking your trunk lid. Fender washers come in various sizes and thicknesses. So do the rubber grommets (washers). You can fairly easily shape the fender washers to fit the contour of your trunk. You can find all the supplies you need at Ace Hardware in the nut and bolt section of the store.

Spyder Garage

I purchased a strap on rack for my 2012 spyder rt and my light aluminum walker fits well with two bungee cords. It works and it was a welcome assessor y for my bike.

Tom

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    This picture may give you some ideas to work with. This was a setup that John Seal of Seal Creations designed and sold. Unfortunately John's age and disease got to the point he had to give up his business and was unsuccessful in selling it. Sadly, his products have disappeared from the market. Maybe you can create something of the sort yourself, or work with a local fabricator to do so. Wish I could help you more, but at least I have the picture from his long gone website.

Walker on Spyder.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Find a local welder that isn't afraid to build you something when he sees it's bike. Have the hitch already on the bike so he sees how to make a rack for you that mounts to to it. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I agree with the two posters who suggest working with a custom fabricator. In the bay area you should be able to find multiple fabricators who have marine experience and could construct a light but extremely sturdy mounting system. Depending on the type of lightweight walker you select, it would probably be best and most compact to have it oriented vertically on the fabricated mount. You've some very nice farkles on your Spyder; don't muck it up by going cheap.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks everybody for some good ideas. Definitely think the hitch is the way to go and just so happens a Harley riding buddy of mine is a welder and an artistic guy at that. I have some other things going on at the moment, but when I get it set up, I'll take a picture and share. Thanks again and ride safe!
    2014 RT-SE6
    LaMonster Spyderdock
    LED’s everywhere!
    Seal Floorboards
    Spyderpops Bump Skid
    Squared Away Alignment

Spyder Garage

Just adding to the list of possibilities.... I have a Rivco Expandable Luggage Rack installed on the trunk lid of my RT - it works well as a 'whale tail' rain & exhaust deflector, but it's also easy enough to hang a folding walker on it too. Then, with a little padding between the rack & the back of the trunk, I strap or bungee it to the pillion hand holds & it's securely held within seconds. The walker I use (occasionally) is aluminium & lightweight (see link below for something similar) folds almost flat, and doesn't impede any of the lights or idicators, the rego plate, or anything else, and the flip up on the end of expandable rack makes it easy & secure to strap on. Not quite as simple to carry as my folding canes, but it's close!

https://www.innovations.com.au/p/fre...YaAoMWEALw_wcB
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!