Spyder Garage

Default watch aficionados

I have been into watches since I was a kid. Not sure why, just drawn to them. I have a modest collection. The most notable is an Omega Constellation I bought about 11 years ago. I am glad I got it then because the prices for fine watches have been going way up. Rolex most notably. I also have two Maurice Lacroix. Not a well known brand, but they make upscale watched that are less then the big brands. I bought this one recently. Ignore their price. I got it on Amazon for $420.

https://www.mauricelacroix.com/us_en...18-ss002-410-2
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

My cell phone keeps the time. I ain't wore a watch since I got my first cell phone. Since I have retired, I really don't care what time it is anyway.

If that is what you like to do, have fun with it. I don't really collect them (or maybe I do and don't admit it), I got 2 desk drawers full of knives. Most of them were gifts or have some commercial message on them that a salesman who came by the shop was giving out. Got several that are hand made. Most of them are not worth much.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I have my Dad's Constellation. I have had it for over 40 years, don't know how long he had it. Very nice watch.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

photo 2 (2).jpg
    One of my favorites.
    Bulova Marine Star, carbon fiber band.

Spyder Garage

Back in the early 70s when I was in Southeast Asia, I had a big Seiko. Might still have it, but it probably don't run no more. I don't even know what kind it was. We called them the 3 pound model and the 5 pound model back then. Most people put the big, 3 inch wide leather band on them.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the same disease. Thankfully a lot of inexpensive and lesser priced watches appeal to me. Too many to admit to.
    Also enjoy folding knives, no large ones though.

Spyder Garage

Both! Rolex GMT Master, Seiko dive, Seiko Electric.
    On knives, Randall, Benchmade, Grohmann, Kershaw, Gerber, cold steel, Case XX, Custom made Buck in black and silver, regular Buck, and dozens of smaller/cheaper models. I use these things everyday, so have different ones to do different things. I like them sharp, so have stones and steels and strops. They are. I feel naked without one!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

My road name is Grinder because I sharpen knives, I've sharpened many thousands in over the four decades I had my business. I traveled and sharpened at places such as Pebble Beach Lodge land their satellite restaurants. I sharpened only for professional kitchens, no greasy spoons. Of the knives Joe mentions, I like Benchmade best. For kitchen knives, I'm partial to Victorinox - constantly high quality at a moderate price.
    Re watches; I have a gold Rolex President date from the 80s I will part with. Part of an inheritance. The most part. Maybe for a 2020 RTL.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I LOVE watches.

I wear my Timex's (I have three) only on the weekends, and if I'm not at work.

It's really surprising how just a little piece of metal on your wrist can improve a situation:

When my g/f and I were looking around at model homes during the weekends, the sales reps didn't seem to even give us the "time of day". (Remember, I only wore my Timex on the weekends). The next weekend, I decided to wear my Seamaster and lo and behold, they gave us way better treatment. This was also the case when we were browsing around at the Portland Auto Show.

As far as titanium, I also have a quartz Seiko made of that very same metal. Lightweight and thin, it is by far one of the most comfortable timepieces ever made. It is so comfortable that sometimes I forget that it is even on my wrist. (My Tag and Omega otoh, are quite thick and weighs a ton).
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Knives????

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Both! Rolex GMT Master, Seiko dive, Seiko Electric.
    On knives, Randall, Benchmade, Grohmann, Kershaw, Gerber, cold steel, Case XX, Custom made Buck in black and silver, regular Buck, and dozens of smaller/cheaper models. I use these things everyday, so have different ones to do different things. I like them sharp, so have stones and steels and strops. They are. I feel naked without one!
    I've been known to make a knife or 20------- I always have on on me.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    I've been known to make a knife or 20------- I always have on on me.
    I feel neckid without a knife.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome