Thread: 2020 Rocket 3

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Rocket 3

This is an impressive machine. Too big for me, but I can still admire it

2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I don't want one, but I love it for what it is. I did have a 2014 Triumph 1200 Trophy SE. It was an amazing bike and we put 80,000 miles on it before going to the Spyder. Triumph builds some great machines.

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I rode a Rocket 3 and loved it. If I didn't already have a Royal Star Tour Deluxe on order I would have bought it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think it will be one heck of a bike. Lamont has one on order and should be giving us a real world review in a few weeks. I think it is just a nitch market and only has about 2 other competitors. The Yamaha Vmax, and the Ducatti Diavel. I hope they do a true comparison of the 3. I think either way, the driver will make all the difference, although the Ducatti will have an advantage in the curves. Still should be interesting.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The Rocket is a special bike. I "almost" bought one until the dealer had me sit on it and start it up. A zap on the throttle and that baby leaned way over just from the torque. I said, this one is to "mean" for me. Went and bought a Vulcan 2000 instead.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The Rocket is a special bike. I "almost" bought one until the dealer had me sit on it and start it up. A zap on the throttle and that baby leaned way over just from the torque. I said, this one is to "mean" for me. Went and bought a Vulcan 2000 instead.
    That's a pity cos it's a big, soft bear to ride - I own one. However, I'm aware it could tear my head off if I get it wrong!
    Riding the new one on Jan 8th. No tourer available yet, though.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I think it will be one heck of a bike. Lamont has one on order and should be giving us a real world review in a few weeks. I think it is just a nitch market and only has about 2 other competitors. The Yamaha Vmax, and the Ducatti Diavel. I hope they do a true comparison of the 3. I think either way, the driver will make all the difference, although the Ducatti will have an advantage in the curves. Still should be interesting.
    I hope he does. It's one of those bikes you see as a poster in a boy's room next to the Ferrari. Here are some cool pix

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2...gt-first-look/
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

First time rider I ride a friend's spyder and love it and been thinking hard about getting one amazing and fun to ride