Spyder Garage

Default Solo Comfort Seat Install

My lovely wife had Santa bring me the new BRP Solo Comfort Seat for Christmas. So naturally, I dropped all my other presents and went to the garage to install it.

20191225_113714.jpg
    This photo shows the stock seat removed by just pulling it loose from the seat pan.
    20191225_113739.jpg
    This photo shows the underside of the new Solo Seat. The rectangular bosses fit into the rectangular holes in the seat pan.
    20191225_113805.jpg
    These clips screw from the underside of the seat pan to secure the new seat to the seat pan. I could find no way to lift the pan enough to install the front 2 clips. So I followed this video that tells you how to raise the top clam shell of the body. It's a great video showing exactly what needs to be removed to raise the body! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mktcr29nDZQ
    20191225_122250.jpg
    With the top half of the body raised, install the seat, and tighten up the 4 clamps from underneath. Reverse the video steps to reinstall the upper body.
    20191225_125539.jpg20191225_125555.jpg
    And there you go! About 1 hour start to finish. Time to hit the road to see if the seat is worth the money it costs!

And BRP, whomever designed this seat setup should be beat. There is NO reason this seat should be this hard to install!
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Let me know how you like it because (To Me) My comfort seat is still not that great.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

crazy - I got my new one and just put it on the Standard plate .. 20 seconds no Problem !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Not the same seat!

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    crazy - I got my new one and just put it on the Standard plate .. 20 seconds no Problem !
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

Spyder Garage

Do you have the old one like Chris56, or the new one like the one on my Tryke?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Let me know how you like it because (To Me) My comfort seat is still not that great.

Spyder Garage

@Dragracer, How has the solo comfort seat treated you? Is it worth the cost and effort to install?

Spyder Garage

No. I wouldn't pay the money to buy it knowing how it feels after these few months of riding. I'd look to the aftermarket companies. It does look good, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Foust View Post
    @Dragracer, How has the solo comfort seat treated you? Is it worth the cost and effort to install?

Spyder Garage

is it just that it is not more comfortable than the stock seat? i am mostly interested in it as it sets you back and up which would be handy for taller riders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer View Post
    No. I wouldn't pay the money to buy it knowing how it feels after these few months of riding. I'd look to the aftermarket companies. It does look good, though!

Spyder Garage

Out of curiosity, I have the same seat installed as you did. Does the seat sort of feel like it’s moving underneath you while you ride? It doesn’t have the secure planted feeling of the OEM and standard comfort seat. You have the same opinion?

2021 Sea to Sky
    2020 600 , gloss black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    Hey Chris. What seat is that? Nice ride.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 07:33 AM.

Spyder Garage

Did you notice this post is over 4 years old?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue