Spyder Garage

Default BRP Customer Service

So last week, I tried to register online for a BRP promotion... having bought a new 2018 RTL and having downloaded a GPS program, by registering it I'm supposed to get a $120 CDN Mastercard in the mail. Promotion closes Dec 31 so I decided I better get it done. So....

1. Website didn't work ... I entered all the info in as requested but the little hamster wheel in the middle of the screen just kept spinning for 5 minutes and then said "Please try again later".
    2. So I did. The site said the email address I provided was already in use. But to check on whether the rebate claim had been submitted I was required to have a claim number, which the little hamster wheel had not provided.
    3. So I emailed Customer Service. Received an email back saying I would be contacted within 24 hours. No worries.
    4. Also no contact. Sent a second email 2 days later. Received same message, someone would contact me within 24 hours.
    5. 24 hours later an email comes saying my concerns had been escalated to a "Senior" Customer Service Rep. I should be contacted with 24 hours. This time the email contained a telephone number to call if I wanted to contact the rep directly. So I called.
    6. Customer Service number (Canadian one) is out of Service. Emailed again. Pointed out everything that had happened to date. Received the requisite "Someone will contact you within 24 hours" response.
    7. Today, 72 hours later, I FINALLY got an email from a person, apologizing, and telling me my request would be looked into.

And they wonder why BRP has a bad customer service reputation.....

NOTE: AS of Dec 26 the issue was fixed by BRP... not sure if they updated their service phone number but they did deal with my request.
    Last edited by Northofthesix; 12-27-2019 at 11:28 AM. Reason: provide update

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

That's business as usual.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

I had to contact them about 18 months ago.Nice to see things haven't changed
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Winger View Post
    I had to contact them about 18 months ago. DARN PATHETIC to see things haven't changed
    A bit nearer the truth and still keeping it polite!
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Northofthesix View Post

And they wonder why BRP has a bad customer service reputation.....
    I honestly thought it was only us here in the Land Down Under that received this kind of "customer focus". Luckily here in Aus we only need try two times and then we can hand it to our consumer protection agency who wield a big stick. After 4 moths waiting for my roadside assist via the dealership then BRP, I reported them to said agency and had it in 7 days plus some bribes from BRP.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Well if you never expect anything you will never be disappointed!

That’s what Mom used to say.����
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Totally weird, what else can ya say to this? Sadly this happens way to often. Will it ever improve, of course not.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Same or similar happened to me in 2014. I finally sent them a written letter via snail mail, return receipt requested. They got it but I still didn't receive and answer. BRP customer service is just about the same quality as their OEM rear tires.

Spyder Garage

I called their customer care number. Left message an phone number months ago. Have never heard back from them. That was on my Spyder.
    Questioned the place where bought wife Spyder when we took it back to dealer couple weeks after buying it. Found 2 bad place on the chrome side pieces on parts on frame by rear foot rests, no chrome on them. Dealer says not covered because its called blemished. If we had looked over the Spyder real close an found the big blemishes we would have made them change the parts or found another Spyder to buy. Not even going to try BRP customer service again to ask them about it. BRP customer service in my opinion is worthless.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sadly, that is what most motorcycle dealers and corporates are all about, they delay long enough they complaint goes away. Check it out, who wants the aggravation of chasing a problem forever? They hold all the cards.

Spyder Garage

So in fairness to the actual humans at customer service... today they fixed the problem for me. My hunch is that corporate makes it difficult to get help, as bikerbillone says, hoping you'll give up... but today, at least, the people manning their customer service fixed my issue. Hopefully somebody will address the fact that their phone number is out of service....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Garmin 390LM
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

REMEMBER!! This is the same company that makes the CRJ and the Airbus A220 jets that we all fly on.
    How's customer service for the airlines?

T.P.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    REMEMBER!! This is the same company that makes the CRJ and the Airbus A220 jets that we all fly on.
    How's customer service for the airlines?

T.P.
    Oops, have you got that wrong, like a lot of other folks have and probably still do! Years ago it was all the same company but in 2003 the Recreational Products division of Bombardier was spun off as its own company and renamed BRP, Inc. in 2004. There is no connection between Bombardier, who makes airliners and rail vehicles, and BRP, other than maybe some of the top level stock owners being the same.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Northofthesix View Post
    So in fairness to the actual humans at customer service... today they fixed the problem for me. My hunch is that corporate makes it difficult to get help, as bikerbillone says, hoping you'll give up... but today, at least, the people manning their customer service fixed my issue. Hopefully somebody will address the fact that their phone number is out of service....
    So in fairness you should amend your original post with the outcome, “today they fixed the problem”. Why? because many hear don’t read every thread.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    So in fairness you should amend your original post with the outcome, “today they fixed the problem”. Why? because many hear don’t read every thread.
    Done!!

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Garmin 390LM
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Ram X phone mount