Spyder Garage

Default Suspension fault C210A

I have a new 2019 RT limited (400 miles) and was out for a ride yesterday. After about 60 miles up pops a "suspension fault" from the console. I pulled over and went to the settings and retrieved the code - C210A. Continued on my way home approximately 10 miles - stopped to pick up a gift card at a restaurant - fired up the spyder and the fault was gone.

What's my next step?

Thanks
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    I have a new 2019 RT limited (400 miles) and was out for a ride yesterday. After about 60 miles up pops a "suspension fault" from the console. I pulled over and went to the settings and retrieved the code - C210A. Continued on my way home approximately 10 miles - stopped to pick up a gift card at a restaurant - fired up the spyder and the fault was gone.

What's my next step?

Thanks
    I can't address the 2019 spyders, however all three of mine had at one time or another dis-played " phantom " issues / codes that would dis-appear on their own..... The bosche computer system in theses machines is very " fussy " and the sytems " over-lap " each other, which is why tracing an issue can be quite difficult. …..good luck … Merry Christmas ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I can't address the 2019 spyders, however all three of mine had at one time or another dis-played " phantom " issues / codes that would dis-appear on their own..... The bosche computer system in theses machines is very " fussy " and the sytems " over-lap " each other, which is why tracing an issue can be quite difficult. …..good luck … Merry Christmas ….. Mike
    You are SO encouraging sometimes Mike!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Fault Code C210A Suspension control time exceeded.

Possible Cause.
    Suspension system control takes too much time to achieve the target. Compressor or valve could be in default. Suspension is locked mechanically.

Service Actions
    Make sure the suspension can move freely. Make sure the valve and compressor are working.

My thoughts. Your suspension is not locked up. You would have noticed that. May be an air leak or another minor problem. Mention it to your dealer when you get it serviced. That is if it is not a regular problem. If it comes back often. Then call them to get it fixed.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

What's my next step?

Thanks
    When I made my rear shock adjustable I ran into this code. I'm not half the technician Mr. billybovine is, but I did stay at one of those hotel brands that claim to make you smarter just once. Here's what I gathered, all without BUDS. Your automatic rear leveling system has 2 parameters (set-points) programmed into it. High and low set-points define the span of your rear suspension travel at the upper and lower acceptable limits. The program controls (on mine at least) the suspension at about the middle of the span. When I installed my adjustable rear shock and tried to gain a little ground clearance my computer noticed the Spyder wasn't running at the predetermined height (seems to take a while to notice) and throws the C210A code. Switching it off apparently cleared my code, but it always came back until I set my suspension back to the original OEM specification height. Long story short, your Spyder thinks it is running too high or too low for some reason. Could be the sensor located midway down the drive side swing-arm, compressor or relief valve, a number of relays, or maybe the fuse.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ferrerid=34189

Self Edit on comment;
    After some consideration, I thought of how this may sound to Mr. billybovine. To point out, I was not making an off the cuff comment about him, and really do think he provides some of the most technically excellent answers on this site. Just to make sure nobody misunderstands me.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I have done research on this site about the rear suspension and I believe I have a problem with mine. I do have a 2019 RT Limited - so it is suppose to have ACS Rear Suspension Adjustment (with Automatic Adjustment). It does have a schrader valve - so I decided to put a tire pressure gauge on the valve - and it was at ZERO psi. I got my air compressor out and filled it to 50 psi. I went back to check it in 30 minutes and it was <30 psi. Must be a slow leak?
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have done research on this site about the rear suspension and I believe I have a problem with mine. I do have a 2019 RT Limited - so it is suppose to have ACS Rear Suspension Adjustment (with Automatic Adjustment). It does have a schrader valve - so I decided to put a tire pressure gauge on the valve - and it was at ZERO psi. I got my air compressor out and filled it to 50 psi. I went back to check it in 30 minutes and it was <30 psi. Must be a slow leak?
    Have you by chance ridden gravel roads? If so you may have a pebble wearing a hole in the bottom of the air bag. Too bad Doc Humphreys isn't still around. He was offering a rock guard to keep gravel bits from getting under the air bag. Here's my post about installing one. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Armour-Part-1. All the guard is is a 4" drain line rubber cap with a hole drilled to pass a bolt through. I think he also included a slightly longer bolt. If you want to try to install one I'm sure we can figure out what needs to be done to duplicate his product.

You do stand a good chance of getting it replaced under warranty though, right?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Only 450 miles on it and no gravel roads yet! I'm checking out dealers reviews around me now. I bought in MA - but live in PA so I have to get a PA inspection anyway.
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

It could be the ACS switch or a bad/gummed up one way/check valve. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles