Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

DPS = Dynamic Power Steering
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Year, mileage and model would help to fill us in.
    Original post heading says 2017 F3L

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    It is common to include the first mention of an acronym in a text be fully written out after which the acronym itself can be used freely. Excuse my failing to know what a DPS is. Thanks.
    English was never my strong point. DPS Dynamic Power Steering (Unit). About $1,500.00 in parts and $300.00 labor to install.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Ron...
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Well, the saga continues!! Talked to the shop on Saturday and boy are we having fun!! It seems that upon
    trying to remove the rear wheel bearings, one had pretty much welded itself to the axle. So new axle and bushings are
    now on order along with the bearings. I did not realize that the axle was just a steel tube and not a solid piece
    of steel. Live and learn. Waiting for the 2020 RT's to arrive.

As my wife just said "hobbies can be expensive" !!! She is a wise woman.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Many are looking forward to information about the 2020's. The upside, we should be hearing before to long. It will soon be February.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Limped Home - FIXED FINALLY
    The bike is home and fixed (I be hopeful) for a $1500 check. There were no messages buried they could find but a couple of software
    upgrades were done. The bike runs excellent. The changes were: a new front pulley (worn and loose), new belt (medal showing and had a
    rock embedded), new axle bearings and spacers (the large bearing was totally locked up and the other was going that way) and
    a brand new axle (old axle had severe wear places and gouges). I generally take a couple of good trips a year so I am lucky that this was
    all found while I was at home. The 2020 bikes have not been delivered and he has no ship dates. I will bide my time and ride what I have.
    Thanks all for listening to my tale of woe. My wife politely explained that hobbies could be expensive. Love that woman!!

Dray