Spyder Garage

Default Vented re-curve windshield for Spyder RT?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2020 to all of you.

I’d like to ask if anyone had luck to find a quality Goldwing vented recurved windshield for their 2017 RT LTD. My better half has Taka re-curved windshield on his GL1800 and he absolutely loves it. It deflects the air away on the top, so his head doesn’t bounce as much – this is very good for a weak woman’s neck. My neck is sore after each long ride and I am desperately looking for a recurved windshield that would have Goldwing vent opening. I would also like the tinted anti-glare windshield, but I am not able to find anyone selling all these mentioned features together.

The Spyder RS already comes with a nice recurved windshield as well as F3. The most expensive Spyder RT LTD is a touring bike - the long rides in hot weather (that gets slowly hotter every year) are becoming more uncomfortable each year (my progressing age has something to do with it as well).

I do not like the BRP windsield vent, its ugly (it’s huge with solid black ribs, covering a lot of the view), plus it doesn’t have a recurved top.
    The Lamonster’s Freedom windshiled is closest to my wish, but doesn’t have the opening. If I could find someone, who would cut the opening for the Goldwing vent and not void the five year warranty, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
    The 7Jurock screens come close, but don’t have the opening and the tops are just slightly curved called Flip with one year warranty.
    The F4 Customs windshield has the opening I would like to have, but they don’t sell the recurved top windshield (four-year limited warranty).
    windshields.jpg
    Am I the only one, who would like to have a good recurve on the top, Goldwing vent opening, and tinted anti-glared windshiled?
    If not, could we start a wishlist for them or other items we would like to buy, but nobody seems ro sell them?
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

Perhaps this could work for you. I love mine.
    MRA 4025066125036 X-Creen Clear Bolt-On/Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade
    at Amazon.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

What ever shield you get----- get a VENT. I have the BRP shield with vent and have no ( ZERO ) turbulence at speed. The incoming air creates a larger bubble of still ( er ) air,and still vents good in the summer too.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow