Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dpetrick View Post
    I have used the Insta360Pro 2 and it does 360 degree video and stills. Would not want to try mounting it to a Spyder, it is too big. We are using it at the college I teach photography for.
    I take it then that it automatically merges the images from the front and back to create a single 360° image. Is that on the fly or later in the computer s/w? As you are viewing the video later you can then rotate it thru the entire 360° image, so if you want you can view what was being filmed to your side or behind you as you virtually move down the road, right? Vertically, how wide is the field of view? The image is cylindrical then, 360° side to side and, what 20° to 30°, above and below the horizontal plane. Actually it probably would be more accurate to describe the image as spherical with the top and bottom of the sphere cut off, right? For the appropriate application it looks like it could be a winner of a video camera.

There's no question the InstaPro 2 is too big to carry on a Spyder, unless you use a big mount like Pierre does. The Insta One is much smaller and should be OK to carry on the Spyder.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

360 video example, after you click on the video click and hold on the video while it is playing and drag it to the left or right and keep doing that you can rotate the video 360. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZGpkFa_eI&t=36s

you can move up and down also. if your using a touch screen use your finger to move the video left right up down as you want.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 12-21-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    360 video example, after you click on the video click and hold on the video while it is playing and drag it to the left or right and keep doing that you can rotate the video 360. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZGpkFa_eI&t=36s

you can move up and down also. if your using a touch screen use your finger to move the video left right up down as you want.
    Pretty neat, isn't it?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

The 360 Pro 2 records on 7 cards. 6 MicroSD, one for each lens and a SD card to record everything from the 6 lenses on 1 card. The camera generates a preview of the finished image, and the stitch software, on a computer, can be used to edit individual clips and merge them. There is also a plug in for Premiere Pro to use to stitch the video together. It is a unique look.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dpetrick View Post
    The 360 Pro 2 records on 7 cards. 6 MicroSD, one for each lens and a SD card to record everything from the 6 lenses on 1 card. The camera generates a preview of the finished image, and the stitch software, on a computer, can be used to edit individual clips and merge them. There is also a plug in for Premiere Pro to use to stitch the video together. It is a unique look.
    Maybe Google should use them for their Street View photos! You ever noticed how poorly some of their photos are stitched? Looks like the Insta 360 Pro 2 is a scaled down version of whatever custom (I presume) camera Google uses for the Street View photos.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

hello
    i want a go pro too
    the mountingprocessand equipment, can you explain more please...i have a f3t also

Spyder Garage

I have the Cyclops camera that I got from my dealer 2+ years ago, that I never really used.
    A couple weeks ago, I tried it on the Virago using the included u-bolt setup and it worked nicely.
    Last weekend, I mounted it to the top of one of my mirrors on my ST-S, using the double-sided tape (after an alcohol swipe), and it worked nicely there as well.
    Yes...I recorded a lot of "road ribbon", and no side-to-side scenery, but the image is pretty stable. It's a wide-angle lens.
    I did notice occasional slight tilting backwards due to speed/wind, and the audio that it records is hideous over about 30 mph.
    The Cyclops can record in 3, 5, 10 and 20 minute bursts, and I can set it to include the date/timestamp, or not.
    3 minutes of recording takes up a little more than 1gb, and I put in a 128gb card.
    It is supposed to be water-proof down to 10 meters.
    I don't know how much I'll really use it, or if I'll do much in the way of editing or anything, but for now, it's kind of neat.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That is exactly what I use. I have mine mounted just below the windshield on my F3T. The mounting pad is not noticed unless I point it out. Gives a great view of the road and surrounding area.
    Can you add a picture of your camera mounted? I want to get one not clear on mounting options.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

9E4F7E6D-9582-436A-BBAD-5F10AA92AC48.jpeg1BAA4EDD-6EEC-4BE8-8916-061839E325FA.jpg

I use the suction cup mount on the windscreen. I use the Smart Remote mounted on the handlebars. Just make sure connection is set up before riding. Phone could also be used to control the camera, as long as you can operate the touchpad while riding.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black