Thread: Where's Doc?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Where's Doc & Roadster Renovations

To give this question more exposure I decided to post a link to the OP here. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...er-Renovations. Anyone have any idea where Doc Humphreys is? His presence seems to have evaporated.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I just found a Flicker link to what I'm sure is the Doc we know. There's link there to humphreysautomotive.com which sounds like it could belong to Doc. It is also blank.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I haven't heard from him in about 4 or more months now. I have one of his racks, and we normally talk a bit on facebook and greet each other at the spyder rally in Maggie Valley. But he hasn't been around for some time. Hopefully he is doing well.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I just found this. Looks like he has gone out of business. Judging from the lack of any current contact info coming up on his websites I would say all of you who have any of Doc's products now have unsupported legacy items. Unfortunate. He was selling a lot of good stuff.

Doc Humphreys Google info.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I messaged with him about a month ago, but now his FB and Messenger are both gone.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Doc may be simply taking a break ... from all social media and from his business. Recall, one of the things that he and Kathy (RIP) used to do was a Holiday Santa and Mrs. Clause -- so, this is a particularly rough time of year for Doc and it is only the second without Kathy. I have reached out to the new co-owner of one of Doc's pages on FB as I think he has actually spoken with Doc on the phone (and recently). I will update, here, if I find anything out ... but I just suspect Doc is taking some time to heal and remember.

All the best .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Thanks Ann---- I was also thinking about Bob D. Best wishes to them both.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Thanks Ann---- I was also thinking about Bob D. Best wishes to them both.
    Lew L
    I don't have anything to add to what Ann has said about Doc Humphries. The loss of Kathy(the love of his life) has had a profound affect on him, as it would anyone. As she said "he's taking an extended break from his businesses and focusing on healing". You asked about Bob D. I don't know exact cause(s) of what happened to him; but whatever it was, it forced him to sell his 10th Anniversary Spyder just after he took possession of it a couple of years ago. Since then he's withdrawn from the Spyder World.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know how to get any replacement Rollers for the Vibration Dampeners that he sold

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbearr View Post
    Does anyone know how to get any replacement Rollers for the Vibration Dampeners that he sold
    Maybe you could replace the roller with the one Lamonster sails his is a replacement for the BRP roller and Doc’s roller was a similar size Maybe ask Lamonster or others may have a suggestion
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

We have rollers also at Baker Built that may be of help, hope Doc is well. These rollers are used on Baker Built Belt Stabilizers but i believe are similar to what Doc had on the market. Any questions call us 1-800-451-9464 or shoot us an email at info@bakerbuilt.com.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post
    hope Doc is well.
    He appears to have dropped off into oblivion! I ferreted out his church affiliation and its Facebook page and left a message there asking about Doc. Here is what I received back.
    Thank you for your message we’re just seeing. If we hear from Steve (Doc), we will pass along your note.
    The "if" isn't encouraging.

2014 Copper RTS