Spyder Garage

Default Feel weird on right foot, when step on the brake while turning, is anything wrong?

It happen almost everytime when I try to make a sharp turn and stepped on the break hard. It feel not smooth on the right foot underneath, it hard to explain feel like break is dragging. But if I break while the bike going straight is nothing. Most of the time that it happened its from step on break hard. Please let me know if thats happen to you too.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-15-2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Brakes/breaks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    It happen almost everytime when I try to make a sharp turn and stepped on the break hard. It feel not smooth on the eight foot underneath, it hard to explain feel like break is dragging. But if I break while the bike going straight is nothing. Most of the time that it happened its from strp on break hard. Please let me know if thats happen to you too.

Thank you.
    I think you are feeling the " VSS " kicking in...… any driving motions that exceed the " G " force limit , will trigger the VSS …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I think you are feeling the " VSS " kicking in...… any driving motions that exceed the " G " force limit , will trigger the VSS …… Mike

Wow. I never know that. I was always curious why is happen like that. Thank you thank you.

Spyder Garage

My question would be: WHY are you even having to brake hard in the middle of sharp turns in the first place? Seems to me that's only complicating things and likely asking for trouble. If you're approaching your corners so "hot" (too fast) that you need to jump hard on the brakes in mid-turn, after you have entered, then maybe you have misjudged your entry speed, or are pushing the envelope to the brink of danger. Better to brake hard (if you have to) while in a straight line before you enter the curve, flatten the bend as much as you can, then apply power to your exit once you're halfway through and coming out. This should be safer and smoother, as well as a lot easier on you and the Spyder. Hope I haven't misunderstood your question, but visions of a rider braking hard while trying to steer through the middle of a sharp turn cause me grave concern. Brake before turning. If what you have been feeling is a "shuddering" sensation, a sort of jerky, on-off "dragging", that's most likely the anti-lock braking system (ABS) applying the brakes, then letting off, repeatedly, in rapid sequence. That prevents your wheels from locking up entirely, and putting you in a skid/slide where your only braking force is the friction as you wear rubber off your tires instead of just slowing down the turning of your wheels, which is what the disc brake pads do when the calipers squeeze them against the rotors. The "jerking" of the ABS is saving you from going into a dangerous, "locked-up" skid; it's trying to slow you, safely, while maintaining control. It usually happens in panic situations when brakes are heavily and quickly applied. If you're finding this happening often while cornering, then perhaps you're riding a bit too aggressively into the turns. At the very least, you're asking a lot of your Spyder, so be prepared to maintain it in top condition if you care about it and your own personal safety and welfare.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside