Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Vendors right now are listed here. We may have a couple more.
    We had a couple that had confirmed early on and canceled due to different reasons.

http://www.valueaccessories.net/Spyd...resVendors.htm
    Last edited by rick_w; 09-23-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Booked our cabin a few months ago and finally remembered to register this week. Looking forward to it!
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map

Spyder Garage

It seems like fun event.

Spyder Garage

ok all things A GO, lucky enough to have had the time to pick up Freedom Trailer so packing just got UPGRADED. Wife and I will be booked in Wednesday afternoon at Best Western Mountainbrook so give a hello. We will be riding 2019 F3L Black/red trim pulling trailer, and our old 2012 RTL Lava Bronze.

Jerry Donna

this makes our 4th trip to MV and sad the first trip this YEAR... we need it bad
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

So far looking like great weather for next week.
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Spyder Garage

I think we will be arriving in the wife's SUV. We plan being in Maggie from the fifth to the twelfth and then heading west for a couple of weeks before returning to Ohio. We tried this last year and got hammered in a tropical storm near Natchez. New storms are currently forming in the Gulf and expected to track north. This ole boy ain't getting caught in that crap again. We've managed to put 10K miles on the bike this year, but for this trip I'm going for comfy and dry
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Always a fun event, wonderful area to ride, don't forget to take the distillery tour and try their shine. We're staying home and Lainy Stitches hope to see everybody there next year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was planning on going for Saturday only (can't take any time off work, M-F) but I'm hoping I'll get to pick up a new bike next Saturday.

Spyder Garage

I just looked at the forecast for this week at Maggie Valley and it looks like Friday is a 70 percent chance of rain and Saturday is 90 percent I hope they are wrong.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    I just looked at the forecast for this week at Maggie Valley and it looks like Friday is a 70 percent chance of rain and Saturday is 90 percent I hope they are wrong.
    That's what rain gear is for.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    I have been there to two different spyder events where the remnants of a tropical storm came through. With mountains being like they are, it only cost us a 1/2 day of riding each time. We looked at the forecast each night, and morning. Then we picked the direction where the least possibility of rain was to fall. We did fine. One year, it was raining steadily in Maggie Valley. We headed west along Soco road. Just after crossing the BRP on our way to Cherokee, the clouds broke up and we had good riding the rest of the day. Most of the day, in Maggie Valley they had light showers. Those taller mountains can save you from the rain as much as they create it.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Like Jerry said, that’s what rain gear is for! Go! Enjoy! Wish we could, but two in a row is our limit!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Only 20% chance of rain for Friday right now. Saturday could change quite a bit, good or bad depending on storm path.
    We got down here Sunday afternoon. Had a great time riding yesterday.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

There are a lot of people here already. Most of the Vendors were open all day today.
    MountainMan did a couple of nice Pin Striping and Mural jobs, very impressive.
    A lot of tires, sway bars and alignments were completed today.
    We were able to get some lighting and misc. items installed.
    If you are here and could help at the registration table please come see us.

We will post pictures when we can.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Well for my first spyder adventure at Maggie Valley I’ll have to say it was great except for the weather. I enjoyed meeting making new friends “hay George “ you know who. I’ve ridden most of the roads around Maggie Valley on 2 wheels but of course it’s different on 3. I really want to give a shout out to the guys at Netzley Tire who installed my sway bar on Thursday, then I rode the Rattler on Friday 2 up with the wife and all I can say is man what a difference it makes in the handling i would highly recommend installing one. And after talking with them about a new tire I had then install me a new rear tire the General Altimax. Those two installs made my spyder a whole new riding experience. I would also like to give a shout out to Rick and all his people. Maybe next year we want have a hurricane to deal with. Thanks again to all hope to see you next year and as always Ride your ride and watch out for the other guy.
    2019 Rt limited chrome , Phoenix orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sandy, sounds like you got a couple goodies, maybe Maggie Valley SpyderFest will be my destination in 2021. It's on the priority bucket list.

Spyder Garage

This makes my 4th spyder adventure, and 3 of them have had rain from the results of a hurricane or tropical storm. But I had fun at all of them. I am actually heading back up to the mountains a week from Saturday to see if I can catch the remaining leaf color changes in the Boone and Little Switzerland area. As soon as the date is announced, I will be making reservations for next year.

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately we can not control the weather. That is why we and everyone else opened up on Wednesday to give an extra day in case of weather issues.

We do have the location rented again for next year starting 10/6/21. We will be contacting motels soon and updating the web site. We will not be letting people actually register until next Spring. If we get some more volunteers for rides we will see about more Elk viewing rides and maybe a couple more small group rides to Deals Gap. We want to thank all of the Ride leaders for this year, all went great and terrific feedback.

We do have some pictures posted. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1663987&type=3

A video also, https://www.facebook.com/34785631965...23815421467871

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    This makes my 4th spyder adventure, and 3 of them have had rain from the results of a hurricane or tropical storm. But I had fun at all of them. I am actually heading back up to the mountains a week from Saturday to see if I can catch the remaining leaf color changes in the Boone and Little Switzerland area. As soon as the date is announced, I will be making reservations for next year.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Rick,

Thanks again for organizing this event. This is one of my favorite places to visit. We will be making reservations either the last week in December, or the first week of January. Definitely looking forward to being there next year. Weather is nothing but a thing.
    My worse trip to Maggie Valley was in 2015. On our second day, one of the older guys had an accident on the Cherohola Skyway doing about 100+ on a hopped up chopper with a suicide shifter. On the 3rd day another guy in our group wrecked his brand new Harley Ultra Classic trike on the dragon. That night, I got food poisoning at Snappy's resturant in Maggie Valley, We were caught in rain 2 of our 5 days there (not unexpected), and to top it off, 3 of the 4 rooms (in a well known hotel there) had bed bugs, and the 4th one had ants. But it was still a great trip. And I got to finally meet Lamont, who was just passing through with Joan and stayed in the same hotel (hope their room was better.). And he let me ride his tricked out F3S, since no dealerships in my area would let me test ride them. But over all, it was still a great time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The possibility of bugs (bed or otherwise) is one of the reasons I shy away from overnight trips.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    Unfortunately we can not control the weather. That is why we and everyone else opened up on Wednesday to give an extra day in case of weather issues.

We do have the location rented again for next year starting 10/6/21. We will be contacting motels soon and updating the web site. We will not be letting people actually register until next Spring. If we get some more volunteers for rides we will see about more Elk viewing rides and maybe a couple more small group rides to Deals Gap. We want to thank all of the Ride leaders for this year, all went great and terrific feedback.

We do have some pictures posted. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1663987&type=3

A video also, https://www.facebook.com/34785631965...23815421467871
    Just wanted to check to see if the dates for 2021 are set for starting on 10/6. We definitely plan on coming again, and would like to make some cabin reservations as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    The possibility of bugs (bed or otherwise) is one of the reasons I shy away from overnight trips.
    Wow! That's just lousy luck! I do multi-day tours a few times a year and have never had a problem finding a decent motel/inn near end-of-day. Only bad experience was at a supposed renovated Quality Inn in Dickson, Tn last year returning from NM. The lobby was re-done but our room stunk of cigarette smoke even tho non-smoking, the TV channels were 90% snow (claimed to have cable), and there was no toilet paper or tissues. Lesson for travelers - carry TP!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White