Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Lift

Spyder Garage

Default Cheap Lift

25% off sale here (thru the 15th); https://www.harborfreight.com

One of the jacks that actually fit under a Spyder here; https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html

$169.99 -25%= $127.49 plus tax. It's Chinese junk, but will get the job done without a whole lot of cash outlay.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Just go ahead and buy a decent jack, your foot will thank you later.

Anonymous
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Any pics on this with a spyder rt on it? Lifting point location?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    Any pics on this with a spyder rt on it? Lifting point location?
    I have no other information on this other than it is one of the ones that works and is like the more expensive Craftsman. It is not specifically for the Spyder, as most of the jacking solutions, so jack-stands are in order at the least.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

This is a solid jack and it works fine for my Spyder RTL. At $127.49 (if you can get it for this) is a no brainer.
    I paid $166.67 including 5% tax a year ago.

Pittsburgh® Automotive- item#63397
    •High strength, lightweight aluminum construction
    •Lift range from 3-5/8 in. to 17 in.
    •Saddle extensions add 2 in. to max lift height
    •31-1/2 in. extra long handle for easy lifting
    •Locking bar for safety
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I have used this very jack for my '13 RTL, let's see, numerous oil changes, frunk removal, rear cargo section removal, BajaRon Sway bar upgrade, Front shock spring adjusters, and more. I do always use jack stands for additional support when it's up in the air.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have one that I use to lift my RTL. I lift the RTL then place 3 jack stands under the bike then remove the jack and do my oil change or what ever other work I need to do. I use the jack with the extensions when I lift my lawn tractor. Handy jack just to lift. I would not move the bike when on this jack, if you want to do that get a better jack.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I have the Pittsburgh jack and couldn't be happier with it. I had a Craftsman when I had my Valkyrie and you couldn't run fast enough to give me another one. Mine was junk.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Does the F3 have the same lift points as the RT ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought this today based on some very positive reviews I've read here about it. I will lift my Spyder before the rather short warranty runs out, this Chinese stuff either works or it doesn't, you just have to keep swapping until you get a good one. I can't afford one of the Big Blue or other better lifts, and I believe this one will be suitable for my home mechanic chores.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

I bought the Harbor Freight lift (older style than in the link above) back in about 2001 to facilitate changing tires on a motorcycle. It has been stone cold reliable ever since and I have used it on the 2014 RT Limited to change the rear tire. Very satisfied with it.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    This is a solid jack and it works fine for my Spyder RTL. At $127.49 (if you can get it for this) is a no brainer.
    I paid $166.67 including 5% tax a year ago.

Pittsburgh® Automotive- item#63397
    •High strength, lightweight aluminum construction
    •Lift range from 3-5/8 in. to 17 in.
    •Saddle extensions add 2 in. to max lift height
    •31-1/2 in. extra long handle for easy lifting
    •Locking bar for safety
    DITTO...
    I bought mine 5 months ago and it is solid. Paid 189 bananas. I use ramps instead of jacks.
    Last edited by BillyChampagne; 12-13-2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Spyder 2018 RTL - Metallic Champagne
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town. - George Carlin
    2018 RT LTD , Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

For lifting just the rear wheel or one front wheel, I use this one and find it to be better quality than the price suggests. That makes it a real bargain - especially when bought with a coupon.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton...ack-64545.html
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I have the Pittsburgh jack and couldn't be happier with it. I had a Craftsman when I had my Valkyrie and you couldn't run fast enough to give me another one. Mine was junk.
    Interesting you say that since, from what I see looking at them, the same style jack with either the HF label or C label comes off the same manufacturing line!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Interesting you say that since, from what I see looking at them, the same style jack with either the HF label or C label comes off the same manufacturing line!
    I have seen many items that HF sells at other stores with some popular brand name on them and selling for much more. Same thing with Cycle Gear riding gear. Same item with a popular brand name and costing more.
    It pays to shop and compare.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    For lifting just the rear wheel or one front wheel, I use this one and find it to be better quality than the price suggests. That makes it a real bargain - especially when bought with a coupon.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton...ack-64545.html
    Don't you just love the light weigth of that thing. Breeze to move around.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

My son bought the HF model several years ago, didn't have it too long before the cylinder began to leak but was out of warranty. He followed instructions about tightening different thing and replenishing the cylinder fluid which appeared to fix it but every time he lifted his BMW 1200 GS Adventure when he went to lower it it was very jerky going down. I was looking for a lift at the time and based on son's experience purchased a Craftsman that works smoother than deer guts on a door knob. YMMV.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    My son bought the HF model several years ago, didn't have it too long before the cylinder began to leak but was out of warranty. He followed instructions about tightening different thing and replenishing the cylinder fluid which appeared to fix it but every time he lifted his BMW 1200 GS Adventure when he went to lower it it was very jerky going down. I was looking for a lift at the time and based on son's experience purchased a Craftsman that works smoother than deer guts on a door knob. YMMV.
    I'd be real interested in a side by side Craftsman vs HF 63397 technical comparison. I know with all the intellectual and patent theft that anything can be copied in China, and to me both the yellow Craftsman and the blue HF look like they came off of the same assembly line. Not sure if applies to this particular lift, but I've read that if you open the bleed wide open in one go some of the lifts do a smooth metered release. Not sure how I'm going to test this one safely, but I want to know.
    Craftsman Here- https://www.searsoutlet.com/br/pdp/c...atv-jack/16395
    Harbor Freight Here-https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-63397.html
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up slow release

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I'd be real interested in a side by side Craftsman vs HF 63397 technical comparison. I know with all the intellectual and patent theft that anything can be copied in China, and to me both the yellow Craftsman and the blue HF look like they came off of the same assembly line. Not sure if applies to this particular lift, but I've read that if you open the bleed wide open in one go some of the lifts do a smooth metered release. Not sure how I'm going to test this one safely, but I want to know.
    Craftsman Here- https://www.searsoutlet.com/br/pdp/c...atv-jack/16395
    Harbor Freight Here-https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-63397.html
    My old, yellow HF lift, as described above, will give a slower drop if the little foot lever is pushed down all the way. I has not given me a bit of trouble in the 7 years I've owned it.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Just unpacked the HF 63397 lift, the instructions say to lower the load slowly and incrementally turn the handle counterclockwise. This indicates it has no orifice bleed function, as described by Mr Lew L for the older style lifts. Has anyone that uses this exact lift ever noticed if it does or not have controlled bleed? How about the Craftsman guys?
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Just turn the handle counter clockwise slowly to bleed, try it with out anything on it first. Note there is a lock / positive stop on it that will stop it from coming all the way down, make sure you get that out of the way. When the jack starts to lower stop turning, let it come down as slow as you can or just open it all the way and it will come down fast.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I am thinking that with a little fab work that 1000lb motorcycle lift would be just what the doctor ordered!! All three wheels in the air on a good base and up in the air!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I am thinking that with a little fab work that 1000lb motorcycle lift would be just what the doctor ordered!! All three wheels in the air on a good base and up in the air!!
    I lift my RTL all 3 wheels at the same time as is then place the Jack stands under the Spyder. The lift is 1500 lbs. rated.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

...both the yellow Craftsman and the blue HF look like they came off of the same assembly line....

Son's HF is a yellow one. Manual doesn't have specific instructions just for bleeding but refill instructions say to turn it over to completely empty then refill w/- 5W hydraulic oil and then quickly pump handle 6-8 strikes to remove any air in system and reinstall oil fill cap.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

My HF jack has worked without issue. It will lower slowly if I use a gentle adjustment. Paid 50 bucks for it used, from Craigs List. More than paid for itself many times over. I think ANY reasonably priced lift will do the same..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi