Spyder Garage

Default 2018F3T saddlebag door keeps falling off?

Hello all, I have recently purchased a 2018 F3T Spyder and have had the saddlebag door come unhinged and fall off to the ground several times after opening to get an item out and re closing? Luckily this has happened while the Spyder was still not moving! Now I really check it and make sure the hinges are properly aligned before I drive off. I would hate for the door to come off while driving!
    This is just FYI. I haven't seen any posts about this but maybe I have overlooked it.
    2018 F3-T , Matte black

Spyder Garage

This should not happen. Since you are still under warranty take it in and have the dealer fix. If there are any marks on the lid they need to replace it.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

The hinges must be broken. The lid should not come off when you open it.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree there must be something broken. I have never experienced this ever on my 2018 F3L. Same saddlebags. I do not remember anyone else posting this issue. Did you buy it used or new. If used the previous owner may have done something to it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I agree there must be something broken. I have never experienced this ever on my 2018 F3L. Same saddlebags. I do not remember anyone else posting this issue. Did you buy it used or new. If used the previous owner may have done something to it.
    Hey thanks for the replies! I did buy it used but the previous owner really took good care of it and I cannot see any modification that was done? I was under the assumption that this was normal but now I see that this may be only happening to me. I will look into this further.

Thanks again for the replies!
    2018 F3-T , Matte black

Spyder Garage

Even though you did not purchased new from a dealer they come with a factory two year warranty so this should still be covered. Check with your local dealership - could save you some $.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Had same issue on my F3T. It's an easy fix. Reattach the lid to the clips on the bottom.....carefully. Once attached and lids closed use pliers or something similar to squeeze around the plastic clips around the mounting post. The clips are plastic so be careful. It also does not take much pressure to secure. No further issues after doing this. Purchased a topcase so that I can safely store my jacket and helmet afterwards.

Had this issue filling these useless saddle bags and not verifying that it fully latched.

Spyder Garage

Open saddlebag. Remove cable. Open cover beyond 90degrees, slide cover forward. Ensure the clips are fully seated. Replace cable. If that does not fix it, take it to the dealer.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system